• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone have an APK for the New Opera 15 android browser?

It's "incompatible" with my device. But it actually isn't and I know it will work. If someone could provide an APK for the Opera 15 android browser, now using chromium 28, I would really appreciate it! If I am in the wrong place or I am violating rules or etiquette for these forums, please tell me and i'll remove the post accordingly.

Reactions: Rxpert83
So is this different from opera mobile and opera mini?

It's the beta of the next version of Opera Mobile (or maybe it's out of beta now, not sure). Don't know about Android but for desktops they made major changes, using the engine from Chrome. Opera 15 and the newest Chrome can use each other's extensions.

Gotta credit Opera for making the APK available for direct download from their own site. Is Opera Mini also getting a major rewrite? Unfortunately they don't have it on their site for direct download like Mobile.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Actually, that just redirects to Play. If his device is showing as not compatible, the install from there won't work.

I PM'd him another link earlier where the .APK could be downloaded directly.

Click "Don't have Google Play? Download the app here." below the big button that redirects to Play. It will take you to:
Thanks - Opera Software
which links to
http://www.opera.com/download/get/?id=35906&location=360&nothanks=yes&sub=marine
which gives you
http://get.geo.opera.com/pub/opera/android/1500/Opera_15_ARMv6ARMv7.apk

Reactions: Slug and mikedt
Upvote 0
Something I found with Opera 15, it doesn't attempt to localise itself to the country.

attachment.php

There's Amazon USA, BBC, YouTube. Google+

...compare with the default Opera Mini home screen that I get...

attachment.php

BTW I think Opera does quite well with their App Store now, especially in China.

I did actually try the Opera Mini on my phone in the UK, when I was there a few weeks ago. It seemed to be rather slow, and when I done a location with mybrowserinfo.com and SpeedTest I was getting....
Region:Beijing
City:Beijing

Screenshot_2013-07-11-20-49-26[1].jpgScreenshot_2013-07-11-20-50-16[1].jpg

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones