• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone have an Evo 3D with no issues what so ever?

Androidalltheway

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
FL
I had the Evo 3d, only returned it because like most of you said, the radio sucked, the sound was weak, but it was fast as hell. I want to know if anyone has an evo 3d that is virtually flawless, no radio issues, good call quality, no overheat, or are all the E3d's just made poorly, and have issues. I miss the intuitiveness and clean ui of HTC sense 3.0, if only the damn phone can make calls

I had the Evo 3d, only returned it because like most of you said, the radio sucked, the sound was weak, but it was fast as hell. I want to know if anyone has an evo 3d that is virtually flawless, no radio issues, good call quality, no overheat, or are all the E3d's just made poorly, and have issues. I miss the intuitiveness and clean ui of HTC sense 3.0, if only the damn phone can make calls

I think a lot of the issues I had wasn't so much the phone's fault, but switching from a strong VZW area to a relatively weak Sprint 3G area. I went out of area a week after I got the phone, and my radios were acting fine. Eventually I found out that where 3G is weak, 4G is strong. Where there's no 4G, I have good 3G. It's odd, but it works.

My sound was weak until I installed Equalizer and turned the virtualizer on. Sound volumes in the mp3s seem to matter, too. I have some mp3 editing software on my computer, so I boosted the sound of the mp3s and they sound off pretty good. No noticeable distortion. I think HTC just underdrove the speaker.

I also haven't had a complaint about my voice sound quality. Some even commented that it sounded better than my last phone.

Upvote 0
iv also had no problems. Im somehow in a meh area for sprint reception even though im LITERALLY down the road from a sprint store where i get awesome reception lol. But other than that i absolutely love this phone and no love it more now that i have it rooted and im using viper rom and getting great battery life im at 12.5 hours and 63% battery1

Upvote 0
I miss HTC sense, have been debating to exchange my photon for the Evo 3d again, I will say the evo3d was faster, especially when checking gmail, my photon takes a few seconds I notice when going through emails, while the evo 3d went off without a hitch. my only concern is getting an evo 3d with horrible call quality like my first one

Upvote 0
The title of this thread has already established that the OP is somewhat biased, jaded and predetermined that he/she is not satisfied with the 3DVO... Which is kind of unfair.

I've had two issues with the device in the beginning, but I simply had it replaced within the 4 days that I've owned it. And since then it's been smooth sailing.

Upvote 0
Profezzor, if you think this one is biased, look at the problems poll. No consideration or tracking of those who have no problems or are satisfied. Only wants to hear from those who are unhappy or have issues.

I apologize... That poll is in another forum. Still for whatever reason there is a lot of bias against this phone. A big part, I suspect, is because of the "gimmicky " early reviews.

Reactions: Complex757
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones