• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone have google voice working on htc vivid?

when i try to configure vm i get a call settings error that reads, " failed to retrieve and save current forwarding number settings. do you want to switch to the new provider anyway? "

if i select yes i get another call settings error, "forwarding number change unsuccessful. please contact your carrier if this problem persists. "

any advice how to resolve?

Upvote 0
cgc4200 - i got the same results - i had to change the numbers manually to forward to my google voice number when unanswered, busy, etc. Once you do that, it'll work fine - but if you try changing the voice mail from Carrier to Google Voice, it'll give you that error. Also, sometimes you'll get an error when trying to change the numbers manually but it'll eventually go through. I don't know why this happens and I hope it'll be fixed some day but it will work if you configure it manually.

Reactions: cgc4200
Upvote 0
cgc4200 - i got the same results - i had to change the numbers manually to forward to my google voice number when unanswered, busy, etc. Once you do that, it'll work fine - but if you try changing the voice mail from Carrier to Google Voice, it'll give you that error. Also, sometimes you'll get an error when trying to change the numbers manually but it'll eventually go through. I don't know why this happens and I hope it'll be fixed some day but it will work if you configure it manually.

Ok thanks I guess I didn't see that option will revisit

Upvote 0
Yes - go to Settings>Call>Call forwarding - and the last three selections (busy, unanswered, unreachable) should be changed to forward to your Google Voice number. Keep the first one (Always forward) as disabled. Like I said, sometimes when you click on the Call forwarding - you'll get "Network or SIM card error" but keep trying and it'll work.

Leave Voicemail service and Voicemail settings alone.

Then Google Voice will work like it should. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones