• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone have problem texting to iphone user

budfox66

Aug 22, 2012
Eastern NC
I get an immediate "Failed, Tap to resend" when I send to a friend's iphone, he confirms he does not get my msgs so I know they don't go thru. He also said this happened before with one other person with a droid but they could respond but no newly initiated texts from droid to iphone. Any feedback?

As in, yep you can forward your GV to Textra only, right? It won't send showing the GV number, will it? Have I missed that? That's what I so desperately want. Hangouts will do that but insists on using it for Voicemail too, I don't want VM in my texts. I want one text app for both numbers that will send showing whichever number I want.

Upvote 0
As in, yep you can forward your GV to Textra only, right? It won't send showing the GV number, will it? Have I missed that? That's what I so desperately want. Hangouts will do that but insists on using it for Voicemail too, I don't want VM in my texts. I want one text app for both numbers that will send showing whichever number I want.
One of my kids uses Google Voice only and he's told me that he only uses Textra.
I'm not sure what he's done or how that works but I text his GV number and he answers.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Does Textra work with Google Voice?
Just got back from breakfast with my son - apologies all around, I was just confused.

For Google Voice he uses Hangouts, Textra for his regular number.

Sorry! o_O

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Makes sense.

I've not found anything except HO's that can handle both. I like and use HO's (mostly, I'm using Verizon Messenger right now/this week lol) I just don't want VM going there too. Ugh. Maybe someday someone will integrate GV into a text app that I like.

Thanks!

But more importantly, did you have blueberry pancakes?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones