1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone have this happen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dark Jedi, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I have a rooted bolt and I have heard people talk about having a text message send to the wrong person. Well has anyone ever had a text message change its self while being transmitted and received on the other end? It happened to me like wed night. I sent my wife a message and she blew up on me. I was like WTF I didnt say that. I got home that morning and asked her the time stamp and she said like 2:13. So I brought up my message and said see thats not what it said. She showed me the same message on her phone and there it was. It had one sentence that was totally different from what I wrote and sent.

So anyone have a message they sent change when the other person received it?

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    No, I've never had any text message issues (knocks on wood) I don't use the stock messaging app, though. I've used Handcent since I had my Droid Eris

3. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    So you wrote something like, "Hey baby, I'm over at Jim's playing Halo," but what she received on her end said something like, "Hey woman, I'm at the strip club, need a ride home," something along these lines?

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    No not quite. I said something like so that's how you are or somethibg like that and what she got said something like you are a baby killer. So I would love for it to have said I was at the strip club. It really upset her and she don't believe the sent text in my side. So its wierd and almost scared of this phone is possessed. I was using gosms

5. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Lets hope someone else has had the same problem, if not then it sounds like someone needs to be on medication! :p

What rom are you using btw so I can avoid it?

6. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    lol, this is awesome. well for us it is, sorry it happened to you. thats a weird messaging problem. never seen/head of that happening before.

7. geo.d

geo.d Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    It's happened to me with stock sms roughly 2 dozen times while not rooted. Sucks.

8. 97'es

97'es Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    I've never even had the normal bug and im on stock mr2 and text quite a bit w many open convos, I must be the only one. That is crazy if your not screwing around.

9. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Text the EXACT same message and see if it happens again, and then text that she's a baby killer and see if it corrects itself. I bet if you text that she's a baby killer it'll change to "Those pants don't make you look fat it's your ass that does that.".

10. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Android Enthusiast
    None

That sounds like an auto-correct error..

11. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Nope not an auto correct error. As if it was the message on my end would read the same as the message she received.

To the other guy great idea. I will send it and.see what happends. I know her phone has been having a lot of forced close problems. Her phone I a devour. I know I told her not to get it lol.

And she does have a nice phat ass lol

12. futbolrules09

futbolrules09 Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I use the stock messenger and at least once a day when I reply to a message it will go to someone instead of who it was supposed to go to.