• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone have to terminate their contract early with Sprint?

Gotta say first, I love the EVO. It has been a great first smartphone. I made an uneducated decision fast and lucked out.

That being said, I just changed jobs and Sprint doesn't cover my building well. Not only that, but I get what ever handset I choose free as long as it is on the company Verizon account. I'd like to keep my # and I'd be happy to to keep the EVO, tether it to the new phone and use it as a GPS/MP3 on steroids.

1st Q: Is Sprint going to claim my first born?

2nd Q: What phone should I be looking for at Verizon?

If you love the Evo, check out Thunderbolt or Droid Charge on Verizon.

Sprint.com said:
After Nov. 2, 2008, the early termination fee will be prorated for all NEW contracts, starting at $200 and progressively reducing to $50 depending on the number of months remaining in your contract. To find your contract expiration date, log on to My Sprint, and click plan details to the right of your phone. For business customers, your terms may be different under your wireless service agreement with Sprint. See www.sprint.com/ratesandconditions for details.

My job is swapping out my WinMo phone for a Pre 2. I was kind of hoping for a Win 7 Phone.

Reactions: Arms_Reach
Upvote 0
Another option if you want to keep the EVO is the Airave Access Point. It will solve your reception problems and is free is you have bad coverage at your home or office.

AIRAVE Access Point Support

I wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the option..

It just won't work for me. I'll already be juggling three lines that sometimes won't stop ringing over each other. If I end up with with four I'll spend way too much time in voicemail land.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones