• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone having any problems with the newest PandaHome update?

ub3r-l33ch

Dec 7, 2009
When I bring up the apps tab none of them were listed.
I uninstalled/reinstalled PandaHome, and now most of them are listed, but some are still missing.
Also, when I bring up the tab the little bar that ran across the bottom to select letter to sort the list by disapears before you can even attempt to use it.

I don't have an exact answer other than to say that I finally gave up on PandaHome and am back to three home screens (until v2.1 in a week or two) and a stable, quick platform. I've been running (read: fighting) PandaHome for a couple months now because I thought I was getting so much more and it was just a work in progress. It was finally clear to me that the dev of the app cares more about features and space ships than stability and functionality so I threw in the towel. A home app is a pretty important app that needs to be stable first and add features second, not the other way around.

Since uninstalling I've noticed a MUCH quicker and responsive phone as well as increased battery life. I'm glad I finally gave up.

Upvote 0
I had problems (locked on boot, 6 installs) until I installed the keyboards first, then panda. Took me 6 hard resets to figure that out. But it seems fine now.

Only one complaint here. I put some contacts in the side bars, and it seems to bring up the last person called instead of the contact I selected. If I do it a second time, it will bring up the correct one.

Upvote 0
I had problems (locked on boot, 6 installs) until I installed the keyboards first, then panda. Took me 6 hard resets to figure that out. But it seems fine now.

Only one complaint here. I put some contacts in the side bars, and it seems to bring up the last person called instead of the contact I selected. If I do it a second time, it will bring up the correct one.

Contacts in the sidebars seem to be working fine here using the latest PandaHome. I still can't get to the main PamdaHome menu (still calls up the themes menu).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones