• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone having improved battery life on 2.1?

scrubs

Mar 22, 2010
I didn't at first, but I have been for at least the last week. I'm not entirely certain why, though. I used to be below 30% at the end of every day (1.5 and 2.1 OTA), regardless of how much/little I used the phone...often having to put it on the charger when I got home from work just to make it through the evening. Lately, I've been ending my day (15+ hours off the charger) at 50-60% remaining, consistently.

I'm curious to know if others have experienced this, or if it's just something weird with my phone. AFAIK, most of the data sync settings are exactly the same as they were. Interestingly, I am leaving 3g and GPS on always, now, where I used to turn them on only when needed.

Also, it seems that my mail and weather widgets are not updating as consistently, which could be leading to some increases...I have used the "end all" in System Panel a few times when the battery seemed to be draining extra fast, but I have my mail, weather, sms, etc. excluded, so I don't know if that's it.

I have had increased battery life. I don't kill or end tasks though. I have the weather set to update every hour, email every hour, 3G on all the time, etc. Probably a couple hours on the phone each day and about 100 or so texts.

Right now I'm at about 60%, and I have about 2 hours worth of talk time on the phone about 60-70 texts, a couple emails, a few minutes on AIM. Been off the charger since 9am. This is about double with what I had on 1.5.

Also, my weather widget seems fine. It updates regularly. The only problem I have is that I don't think my Mail app updates when it's supposed to. Not a big issue seeing as school is over but it's still a minor annoyance. And it could just be that I'm getting less emails since school is over and it just seems like it's not updating, it very well could be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones