1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Anyone having much luck with HTC Sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HenryKrinkle, Mar 9, 2012.

1. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    ...or is it simply crap software. I'd love to sync my music but I could have done so manually in a fraction of the time I've spent troubleshooting Sync.

Anyone else have a different experience?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I can't comment on the versions for the Rezound, but It's been flaky on my Desire HD and Wildfire S. You'll find a lot of threads around the various HTC forums complaining that HTC Sync doesn't do what it's supposed to.

MyPhoneExplorer is a much better solution IMO. :)

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  3. goose8

goose8 New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Personally, I think it is crap, as it gave me nothing but a huge headache. I use iSyncr for music playlists and My Phone Explorer for Outlook sync.

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  4. HenryKrinkle

May 25, 2010
    Thanks for the responses. I've used iSyncr before - think I'll give MyPhoneExplorer a try.

5. HenryKrinkle

May 25, 2010
    @El Presidente: is there a way to sync itunes playlists via that program? I downloaded the add-on "controller" but is doesn't seem to work the Rezound. When I try to open it a get the message "no COM ports available".

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I don't have any iTunes playlists to test so no idea, sorry.

If you're looking at iTunes stuff, Doubletwist is apparently worth a shot.

7. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I agree, HTC sync is crap, just like most of the installed apps that you get from verizon.

I do all my sync using standard windows, its faster more accurate and easier to control. Sorry but I also have no itunes all my music is from ripped cd's or amazon.

HenryKrinkle likes this.
  8. HenryKrinkle

May 25, 2010
    I ended up trying "Easy Phone Tunes" which is free in the market. If anyone is looking for a simple (and free) way to sync itunes playlist I think it's a good choice.

El Presidente likes this.
  9. Cotton123

Cotton123 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    I do it manually still because as it was said, its just easier. But I never had any real issues with the Amazon Cloud other than the streaming slowing up. But rarely. Glad ya found something else that works

10. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    HTC Sync is definitely crap and more trouble than it's worth, but I it installs some drivers that other programs occasionally use, so I install it to load the drivers, then uninstall it.

I had an Iphone for 3 years and I don't think I ever used a play list, so like the others, I just connect the phone to my PC, copy and paste all of my songs to my phone then I open my favorite player and tap shuffle.

11. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    I use HTC Sync to sync my contacts (from a new Outlook account just for phone numbers only) and it works fine. For music files, i usually just copy/paste it into in the phone manually.... have not used HTC Sync to do this yet. bye.

12. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    I just used HTC Sync to sync some new MP3 files (once in a while I just sync some Outlook contacts). Everything went smootly... I plugged in the micro-USB cable and the laptop chimed as it found the USB device (phone). Then I clicked "Open folder to view files" (may not matter whether i clicked this or not).

Anyways, I slided the ring on the HTC lock screen to activate/wake the phone. Earlier the phone (Settings - Connect to PC) has been set to "HTC Sync" default. So now the phone's screen said "Finding HTC Sync on your PC. Please wait...".

A few seconds later the HTC Sync software showed up on the laptop's screen. Then i reconfigured it to add/sync Music too (before this everything was disabled except for People/Outlook contacts). Then I hit the "Sync now" button on the laptop and it started syncing the People/contacts and Music/MP3 files.

[​IMG]

Later I unplugged the USB cable, started the stock MP3 player and it found/played these new music files. I suppose the HTC Sync works just fine on my laptop/phone (but i don't quite like the path/subdirectories where it placed these MP3 files... sometimes it's much better to manually copy/paste it into the phone to where we really want to place it and not let it go to where that HTC Sync wants to place it). bye

Attached Files:

Tags: