1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone having sprint data issues...

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by tennispro4ever, May 21, 2011.

1. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

Hello all, I am having an interesting issue on me end. It's been going on for a week or so. I've got sprint data but it seems like it downloads for 3 seconds, then dies for 2 then continues for another 3 seconds then stops again. I am running an Htc Evo with CM 7 and it works great. I am able to force roam on Verizon and get 3G in my area so sometimes I just use that but I don't want to go over my limit on roaming. I have updated my PRL to 01115. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DroidBabe

DroidBabe Well-Known Member

That is why I left Sprint. The data would constintly disconnect. Sad because I liked Sprint. :(

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

No problems at all for me.

4. *harbinger*

*harbinger* Newbie

only problem im having is staying logged into yahoo im.. keeps logging me out but im not sure if its a connection issue or a yahoo issue yet

5. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member

Should I not be able to roam on Verizon???

I am having a weird problem. I have been having data problems the last 2 weeks or so. I have my phone set on home network and I get calls and texts fine but in Ozark, Missouri I have having horrible slow data. around 108 kbps. I don't know if it's a tower issue I have called multiple times and they keep saying that there towers are fine. I can force the phone to affiliated network which is verizon and i get calls and texts and extremely fast data. Is my phone messed up or something???

P.S. If it is my understanding the 3G on both Spring and Verizon are different frequencies...help

6. t1jordan

t1jordan Android Enthusiast

My data connection sucks so bad. I'm in Owings Mills MD. Sometimes it takes forever to download a application. Surfing the web forget about it. I need to be on wifi, or it probably wont work. I'm using a EVO 4G. Really thinking about leaving Sprint.

7. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

If you're still able to pull 108kbps on a transfer I would say there isn't anything wrong... Half of my town now I can't get any data at all since they changed their coverage. I see like 1-2k on transfer and just give up and drive to another part of town sometimes.

8. wiltok

wiltok Newbie

I had the same problems in Chicago - left Sprint for Verizon. Verizon ROCKS! Sprint called me the other day to see why and cancelled and woo me back with some offer. I gave the guy an earful (nicely) about all the probs I had - I couldn't even send text messages. Try Verizon - you wont be sorry..

p.s. I know a bunch of you will say verizon is expensive - but you get what you pay for. Even if it is an extra 10 bucks a month - that's what - eating out one lunch? I'll bring a sandwich one day and actually be able to use my phone :)

9. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Android Enthusiast

My data is AWFUL since the GB update on the Evo. Maybe it was just timing?? I'm constantly getting the "no data connection" error. I've been with Sprint a very long time & never had problems this bad. GRR! :mad:

10. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

been having data issues for months

11. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert

I have an Air-Rave at home, great data speeds. Around town it can be hit and miss, but any network can. Overall I'm very happy with Sprints 3G coverage. It's very rare for me to not get a strong 3G signal everyone in-town.

4G? That, on the other hand, is disappointing. I live in Phoenix Az and we have next to no WiMax. With Sprint switching to LTE in the next couple years I fear the WiMax radio on my new phone will never be used.

12. Jceinc

Jceinc Android Enthusiast

I thought I was pretty happy until I met a client today that had TMobile. My GAWD his phone and tablet was fast!! I was very surprised to see he had full 4G in my bodunk town. Sprint's nearest 4G is still close to 80 miles south of me. Needless to say I am now very disappointed ......