1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Anyone having this browser issue? Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joeyb24, Jul 26, 2010.

1. joeyb24

joeyb24 New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Whenever I'm trying to sign in to a webpage or enter a zipcode to locate a store the browser won't send the information through. When I click on send,search,or login nothing happens.It's frustrating when you're on the road and need to find something. I'm using the stock browser.Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how I can fix this.I love my Droid X but this is starting to bother me.I appreciate your responses!!

Advertisement

2. chris3145

chris3145 New Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I'm having the same problem. Hitting buttons on webpages often does nothing.
    The browser also loads webpages partway and just stops. Facebook in particular is downright terrible: some buttons never appear; some pictures load in album view but not others; and I have to click on a picture once, close the empty window that appears, and then click the picture a second time to view it.

I'm getting around it by using another browser (Dolphin HD, which is free) when the stock browser won't work on a particular page, but I really would like to use the stock browser instead.

Anybody know how to fix these issues with the default browser? I've tried clearing my cache, and I only browse with one window at a time. I also usually browse over wifi, but that does nothing to help the problem.

3. Sir Barnabas

Sir Barnabas New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    I am having the same problem. When I quit the browser and start it up again that fixes it but I don't want to have to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Firespyer

Firespyer Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I have the same issue also happens with links, also happens with Dolphin HD
    It stops sending and receiving data at around 10% and then just does nothing, its like the connection gets hung.

5. claire t

claire t Member

Aug 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    I've been having this same issue for a while. With stock and Dolphin browsers. Have fiddled around with java script and page settings. My last phone, LG Ally, didn't have this issue--still have it and checked the settings on there to make sure they were similar to my DX settings. For me it's my company's webpage for work--can't get past a certain point for information input.

Anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Thanks.