• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone having trouble w/ proximity sensor?

D

Deleted User

I've been checking out some other forums (dang, there's quite a few!) and noticed a discussion on droid forums dot net- It seems that some folks are having problems with not being able to end a call because the screen won't turn back on when the phone is pulled away from the ear. Some have to wait for the other party to hang up, maybe even shut down and reboot to restart the screen.

Just curious if anyone here has hade a similar issue.

I have the opposite problem, the keys don't turn off when I begin a call so as soon as I put my new droid against my face, my face ends up either hitting the end button or the mute button, either way things don't turn out well for my call. I called Motorola and after several calls that were very frustrating they finally agreed to send me a new phone to replace this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones