• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Anyone hear of Clear Coat?

Bearly

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
HTC Droid Incredible Screen Protection

"We're also the only company to give you a double-guarantee: We guarantee your Clear-Coat will protect your device and stay put, otherwise, we replace it. We also guarantee that our product is the easiest to install, so just in case you make a mistake in installation, we'll give you another Clear-Coat until you get it right."

I'm thinking about ordering a set (screen only) but have never heard of them. I wonder how "blurry" the clear coat screen protector is, and if there is any orange peel effect.

Did anyone watch the installation video found HERE

Looks very orange 'peelish' to me in some shots especially at the beginning.

I can't imagine letting the thing dry for 15 to 20 minutes with the sides flapped out like that...imagine the dust/lint it would collect. The whole application looks tedious...I like the dry/static applications.

Interesting....post some pics when you get it done.

Upvote 0
Damnit :( I may return the Clear-Coat and get the Steinheil Crystal Clear. My cousin was raving about the Clear-Coat for his iPad and the protector looked tough as hell but I can't live with orange peel.

Taken from:
Motorola Droid Case Reviews - Page 40 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Clear-Coat Screen Protector ( Motorola Droid Screen Protection )
Pros:

• Prevents screen scratches
  • Kit includes 2 Screen Protectors for the $14.95 retail price
  • Warranty covers bad installations. Make a mistake and screw up the protector during install, they give you a new one supposedly.
  • Installation yields a relatively bubble free immediate result. 4-10hours later it looks as perfect as it will

Cons:

• No cutout for the proximity sensor. I am not sure this is truly a con as the proximity sensor works better for my wife this way.
  • Pieces contain imperfections causing linear moir

Upvote 0
Hmm, but then I see this:
Review: Clear Coat, the Clear Choice for Maximum Protection|Gear Diary

I recently spent some time with Clear Coat and walked away very impressed. Their shields are the clearest of any I’ve seen and they do not suffer from what’s commonly referred to as the “Orange Peel” effect. The shape of the shields, which mirrors the natural contour of your device, makes installation a snap."​

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones