• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone here Bought INSURANCE For Your Phone? If so from WHERE?

Best buy
9.99 a month
No deductible
No limit on claims

I wanted to clear the air on Best Buy Mobile insurance and please correct me if I am wrong. I had an ex-gf who worked in the department so what I know is from her.

1. Theft is not covered.

2. If you read the fine print Best Buy says it will replace the phone with a refurb. A lot of sales reps just say the phone will be replaced purposely leaving out the fact it won't be a brand new phone.

3. Not sure if this should be #3 but oh well. Best Buy Mobile employees get pretty nice bonuses for selling the Best Buy insurance. I know they like to go around saying they do not work on commission but in reality they do because if they don't sell enough insurance they most likely won't be there very long.

*My ex had an employee line with Sprint and only chose the Best Buy insurance because they discounted it very heavily. She said if she were a real customer she would have gone with the Sprint insurance easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones