1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone here good at Game Dev Story?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GAMESHARQ, Feb 20, 2011.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I need help increasing my game scores/reviews. I am in my 9th year and I still only get scores of 20-22. My scores never seem to go up even though my sales increase.

I noticed that my hype meter never seems to go up either. Is there a certain way to increase hype for a game? I tried to advertise several times during the development of my games, but the hype number never went up.

Also, most of my employees still have double digit levels. Since I'm in my 9th year, I thought they'd be in the triple digits by now. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement

2. xSithxSaviorx

xSithxSaviorx Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    I need help purchasing this game, is there anyway u can tell me how, it says it cant be processed, i guess its chargin 210 yen, instead of 2.53 dollars, how do u buy it and install it? And the way i did it in lite was by advertisin, and u can train and level up ur employees, but i dont kno much since i cant buy full version, how do u purchase it?

3. Stylz

Stylz Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Ohio
    I actually love this game, i play it all day long at work :D

Umm whats your total capital atm? It seems like you might be a tad behind if anything but its not that big of deal. I got a few advice pts i got for you...

Word of advice, use the money to outsource your development of your game, SPEND the extra dollars to get a better score; it will pay off.

At times i will spend every dollar I have on the scenario designer of the game to make sure it gets a good start. Sometimes you wont get a good score but alot of times you will get a great score. Alot of times i use the 2 mil + guy off the start and if it does happen to get a bad score ill be a tight ass and insource the rest of that game. (cuz its obv not gonna be as good if it gets a bad start)

It sounds like your advertising is fine, keep that the same. Just spend the extra money when you outsource your game, IT WILL pay off!

GL lmk how you do~

4. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Make sure you replace staff as you go, the starting people are terrible compared to your later options.

5. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    i own at the game and basically what you do is starting out just do contract work while making them watch anime until they run out of energy. that should make your first games really good and give you good capital for the rest of the games. when the salesman comes around you should eventually acquire all of his boost things so that during debug you can pump your game scores up more

6. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Android Expert
    None

Oct 15, 2009
    Customer Service/ Quality Assurance Supervisor
    Richmond ,KY
    Before getting a new phone I did the above. I let them watch anime and just did contract jobs til I could get the gamdroid unlocked. I also replaced people when I could. Now it is almost boring while trying to get someone trained across the board to be able to develop a console. Just passing the time now!

7. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    eh, you should be getting as many career change manuals as you can.. Having 6 hardware engineers to make a potato chip/punch card console, followed by 8 hackers to make games is pretty fun :D The boosts are pretty pointless at that point. My games after year 15 all have 4-500 fun, 3-400 creativity, 2-400 graphics and sound, without boosts or dead bull.

First run through my total game sales for 20 years was 1.15 billion, and 2.4 the second time I played through. I had like 10-12 game of the year awards, 30+ hall of fame each time. Top sales for a single game the first time was 64 million, second time 90.

Its all about getting hackers early. Stephen Jobson is easy to turn into a hardware engineer and then a hacker.. Francoise is another awesome person. Through training and leveling up every job class, you can get both of their stats to around 7-800 program 7-800 writing 4-500 graphics and 4-500 sound. Don't waste anything on early staff, outsource early to get a good game. Do a few contracts, but waiting til you have hackers, you can do the most expensive ones in less than a week, not 8.

Use this for good combinations and unlocking genres:
    Game Dev Story/Walkthrough ? StrategyWiki, the free strategy guide and walkthrough wiki

My employees final stats:
    Stephen Jobson - 682/613/441/414
    Dexter McPhee - 523/694/197/146(I didn't turn him back to a hacker yet, he can have better stats)
    Chimpan Z-force - 657/606/491/460
    Kairobot - 417/420/325/326(he's not a hacker right now either)
    Walt Sidney - 770/661/597/413
    Sophie Kairo - 627/566/504/503
    Grizzly Barrington - 651/609/398/387
    Francoise Bloom - 822/813/533/471

Total Salary is 196,804.8K lol

final fantasy's first week's sales have just come in. Sales totaled 12,510,709 units :p

8. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    And if you can't get a hit after those tips, here's some bugs/tips in the game that make it really easy.. lol

They are all pretty game breaking, I'd try to play through at least once before you hit the show button..

You can reuse employees to write a proposal or do graphics or sound. When it asks who you want, just hit back, and then cancel, and when you go back the "prev" is gone, and you can use them again.

You can preview game combinations, make a new game to the point where it asks who you want to use, back out of it, and it will tell you if the combination was amazing, creative, not bad, nothing, etc.

Using the same trick, any game combinations that you made and backed out of will still level up if you do an amazing game after. I've gotten over 10 "game direction points" out of one game before.

Save before a game proposal and reload if you dont' get desired results. The game auto saves before it asks who you want to put in charge of graphics and sound.

It also auto saves before anyone asks if they can do a boost. You can basically use 1 research data for every boost, and reload if it fails.

edit: oops I forgot the biggest bug: You only pay contract fees if you are filling an empty desk.. This means you can hire cheap people, fill up the desks, and then you don't have to pay the 6000k to hire hackers.