• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone here with a Samsung TV?

Has anyone here had any luck w/ using allshare with their Samsung TV? I want to try it but I have yet to set my TV onto my network yet. Curious as to how well it works + quality.

I have a Samsung LN46C670 and one of the first things I did after I left the AT&T store was to take a short video using the onboard camera. When I got home I used the Allshare App to push that video to the TV and it worked flawlessly. (A warning pops on the TV along the lines of "Do you want to let the device named 'SGH-I897' to display video?" so from a purely cosmetic stance you might want to rename the device in the Allshare App's settings)

I've tried doing the same to my Windows 7 machine and it doesn't show up in the phone's list of target devices. Conversely Windows 7 doesn't see the Captivate in it's list of devices so I'm not certain about "pure" DLNA connections.

I also haven't tried pictures, music, etc.

Hope this helps somewhat. :)

Matt

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones