• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in Los Angeles? - June 4th

The refereeing tonight was a joke :mad: I have a feeling Boston is going to have a nice advantage over us. Time for a rEVOlution!

How perfect is the timing. As long as the Lakers get to the finals, I'll be able to watch the early part of the weekday games on the EVO! So glad Skyfire finished their beta version for Android, just in case the OEM browser doesn't work with atdhe.net.

Upvote 0
I just went to mine and played with a dummy phone.. nice size :D Did make me a little concerned about that camera,, *shrug* guess we'll see how that works out...

One thing they told me is there were only 4 pre-orders.. and the last day they were processing 2 more when they were told they had no more available .. so because tehy nly have 4 pre-orders .. they're opening at 9 instead of 6 (since they had to have more than 4 to open early) :(

Oh well.. guess I can wait 3 more hours... just have to sleep in

Upvote 0
Had to share with my fellow L.A. peeps. Stopped by Sherman Oaks BB just to see if they had any extra info on the EVO and it happened to be perfect timing when they were preparing the dummy EVO display out, but not set up to show.

I took a couple of pictures for everone to see while I was holding the phone like normal people would hold it when they're carrying around. For frame of reference, I don't have crazy big hands (I'm a 5'6 Asian guy, so give ma a break...LOL).

I also grabbed a couple of mobile buying guide brochures that had the EVO on the cover, so I took a couple of those home. Anyhow, enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• EVO display.jpg
    EVO display.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 123
  • EVO display 2.jpg
    EVO display 2.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 115
  • EVO in hand.jpg
    EVO in hand.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 171
  • EVO in hand 2.jpg
    EVO in hand 2.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0
My BB had that display yesterday minus the EVO only had the Incredible. I picked up the buyers guide too and thought it was nice to see the EVO on the front. I showed to everyone I work with cause most have the iphone. I can't wait till next week!

Had to share with my fellow L.A. peeps. Stopped by Sherman Oaks BB just to see if they had any extra info on the EVO and it happened to be perfect timing when they were preparing the dummy EVO display out, but not set up to show.

I took a couple of pictures for everone to see while I was holding the phone like normal people would hold it when they're carrying around. For frame of reference, I don't have crazy big hands (I'm a 5'6 Asian guy, so give ma a break...LOL).

I also grabbed a couple of mobile buying guide brochures that had the EVO on the cover, so I took a couple of those home. Anyhow, enjoy the pics!

Upvote 0
I did it at the one at south coast plaza. just out of curiosity, did you get an appointment or are you just showing up sometime on the 4th?

Pre-ordered mine at the BB at The District (Jamboree and Barranca). I was around 7th or 8th on the list (went late afternoon on the 13th) and the guy said to come back anytime on the 4th.

holy crap! a bunch of us are in OC!! haha i'll be in the middle of both you guys!! :D (down the street from South Coast)
i'm going to the Sprint Store on Bristol, since i'm buying full price.

Upvote 0
I've called the ACS Sprint store here in Westchester near LAX, no go on the working Evo. Apparently the owner has one and is there periodically, so it's hit and miss.

HOWEVER, my wife was at the Westfield mall in Culver City and happened to visit the Sprint kiosk (private company) across from the food court (in front of Macy's). The owner was there and had a working phone. It is very fast and the screen is huge AND bright!

The owner said he has plenty for this Friday. He will waive the activation fee, plus add $20.00ish in accessories. The only thing he cannot do is waive the rebate, but we don't mind fronting the $200.00. He is open at 8:00am in the morning on Friday, so we will be there first thing to pick-up our 2 phones.

If you want to check out his phone, or see where he is at with quantities, you can call him at 310-400-6634 and ask for Zak.

Beats fighting the crowds at the Sprint store Friday morning!!

Hope this helps someone out!

Eric :cool:

Reactions: KARbabee
Upvote 0
I've called the ACS Sprint store here in Westchester near LAX, no go on the working Evo. Apparently the owner has one and is there periodically, so it's hit and miss.

HOWEVER, my wife was at the Westfield mall in Culver City and happened to visit the Sprint kiosk (private company) across from the food court (in front of Macy's). The owner was there and had a working phone. It is very fast and the screen is huge AND bright!

The owner said he has plenty for this Friday. He will waive the activation fee, plus add $20.00ish in accessories. The only thing he cannot do is waive the rebate, but we don't mind fronting the $200.00. He is open at 8:00am in the morning on Friday, so we will be there first thing to pick-up our 2 phones.

If you want to check out his phone, or see where he is at with quantities, you can call him at 310-400-6634 and ask for Zak.

Beats fighting the crowds at the Sprint store Friday morning!!

Hope this helps someone out!

Eric :cool:

Just a heads up, you will have to front $300 ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones