• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in UK with working car hands free kit

doc1964

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2010
Scotland
I have a hands free car kit that worked perfectly with my previous phone Nokia N86. Unfortunately, although it shows as connecting to my SGS it does not work. Might hold off a short while to see if Froyo fixes this, if not i will need to look to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend a reasonable priced piece of kit that works with Galaxy S. Also has anyone managed to get voice dialling working via their car kit without having to go through several screens on the phone.
Had some suggestions for the Bury cc9060, looking for some more units that definitely work with it.The kit i have at present is Visorblade Supertooth 2 also shown as blueant supertooth 2, seen here on amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blueant-Supe.../dp/B000VXZPJC
It obviously is quite aged now and uses bluetooth 1.1 but as stated worked perfectly with Nokia N86.
Ideally i would like something similar as there is no installation but i would also want it to allow for voice dialling and answering without having to remove phone from my pocket.
Thanks again.

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same handsfree device recommended by a friend and I can't connect either from Galaxy S Android 2.1. My friend can't connect to his either on an HTC Android phone.

I know about pairing etc, and it's not that it's not set up properly. It just plain doesn't work. The phone doesn't pick up the device at all even if I also set the phone to be discoverable (which shouldn't be necessary anyway, but just trying to pre-empt suggestions read elsewhere).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones