• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Anyone Install A 32GB Micro SDHC Yet

robo21

Android Expert
Jul 26, 2010
So Cal
Has anyone actually actually installed a 32GB Micro SDHC card in their Vibrant yet? All of the reviews and unboxing videos I've seen have claimed a 32GB card capacity for the Vibrant yet, as we know, the manual states the maximum card capacity is 16GB.

Anyone try this yet and know for sure?

Samsung Vibrant - Full phone specifications

This spec sheet shows 32GB capacity for the card. If it turns out the Samsung manual is incorrect it wouldn't be the first time. The first revision of the manual actually said that the camera had a flash! I pointed it out to a Samsung rep and it was revised in a couple days.

hahaha! And the flash works as well as the GPS! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
*sigh* This forum should be renamed android magical forest. Why do you ask? Because its full of magical trolls.

On a serious note, mistakes happen. Human error. Life goes on.

Though i too am curious as to if a 32gb will work.

Right you are, there are Galaxy S devices with a flash so it wasn't that big a goof. They showed corporate responsibility by correcting it immediately.

Upvote 0
Has anyone actually actually installed a 32GB Micro SDHC card in their Vibrant yet? All of the reviews and unboxing videos I've seen have claimed a 32GB card capacity for the Vibrant yet, as we know, the manual states the maximum card capacity is 16GB.

Anyone try this yet and know for sure?

Yes, it does work. I currently have a 32gb card in my vibrant. It works flawlessly.

Upvote 0
no dude im just sick and tired of seeing people cry about everything. if you were joking, its my mistake.

Text doesnt convey tone of voice and body language as well as we hope sometimes.

grouphug.gif
:)

Upvote 0
no dude im just sick and tired of seeing people cry about everything. if you were joking, its my mistake.

Text doesnt convey tone of voice and body language as well as we hope sometimes.

It was indeed a joke. I've not been complaining about the GPS situation (though my Vibrant is one of those sorely affected), though like many others I'm anxiously awaiting word from Samsung on what exactly they intend to do about it.

How is your GPS? Working as it should out of the box?

Upvote 0
It was indeed a joke. I've not been complaining about the GPS situation (though my Vibrant is one of those sorely affected), though like many others I'm anxiously awaiting word from Samsung on what exactly they intend to do about it.

Connects and finds my location 10 - 15 feet within 10 seconds.

I have tried out google navigation. I didnt drive to the address i entered, i just checked to see if it would work.

So no, i have not tried navigating with it, as of yet, but i will try this afternoon.

Upvote 0

Absolutely, you are one of the more reasonable and logical members of the forum, at least so far... let's see how that GPS fix goes... :p

Upvote 0

I have tried out google navigation. I didnt drive to the address i entered, i just checked to see if it would work.

So no, i have not tried navigating with it, as of yet, but i will try this afternoon.

10-15 feet in 10 seconds?! :eek: Gad...this I can only dream of with my Vibrant. Do give us an update on actual navigation please.

Upvote 0

I'm going out on a limb and saying that you will find your navigation results will be just fine. My results on geolocation are similar. I would say that mine locates me quickly about 85-90% of the time, the rest of the time it might take up to a minute. Looking forward to the "fix" for that reason.

Eagerly awaiting your results.

Upvote 0
Think the bigger issue here isn't whether a 32GB SD card would work, but how long each class will take to run the Media Scan. I've heard some say their cards took 9 minutes to finish scanning.

Good point, and a good reason to go with a faster card perhaps.

It turns out that "whether the card would work" is a non-issue. 32GB will work.

Upvote 0
Think the bigger issue here isn't whether a 32GB SD card would work, but how long each class will take to run the Media Scan. I've heard some say their cards took 9 minutes to finish scanning.

Even a class 2 32GB card at full capacity will take 4.44 minutes to scan (2MB per second), then add whatever time the OS / Software need to do their part (usually miniscule). Class 4 cuts that in half (4MB per second).

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Epic 4G with a class 2 32GB SDHC card. I copied my entire mp3 collection (approximately 20GB of music) onto the card last night using USB and the copy took over 2 hours. In the morning, I checked and found the copy finished but I wanted to find out how long the media scan would take so I powered off my phone and power it back on. The initial media scan literally took over 20 minutes to scan!

Also, now the phone acts real flaky in my Ford using the SYNC system to play my music. Before copying all my music onto my Epic, I used to be able to plug in my phone in my Ford using the USB port and it would find it right away and I was able to play and control my music using voice commands. Now it has a hard time seeing my phone on USB and it takes several tries of disconnecting and reconnecting it to see it. Then Ford SYNC says it has to index my USB device which takes about 3-5 minutes each time.

I'm hoping I can find a "fix" for this so it plays in my Ford as it used to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones