• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone jumping ship to Fascinate?

I'm torn between the 2, and I'm very satisfied with my X. lol

Hate to hear the Fascinate is also having GPS issues. I read about that and the stall issue that some or probably all the Samsung phones were having. The stall issue was fixed by root and applying some fix/hack.

I hate that my X doesnt do TV Out like the Fascinate, doesnt have that gpu, doesnt have that UI....lol Say what u want about it being iPhone-esque, but I like the look of it better than this Blur the X has. I dont like Amoled, Super Amoled right now so the screen isnt an issue for me.

I'm glad the X's GPS works good and I can rely on it when I need it. I dont know how the reception is on the Fascinate but I love the X's.

I think the Fascinate will be a good phone for whoever gets it. Like I knew about the cons with the X and still got it, if u can live with the cons of the Fascinate, u will be satisfied too.

Upvote 0
apparently they are now saying that verizon may get rid of google search all together on their future android devices. now in my mind it's too early to say that, but the fact that you can't load up google on the fascinate without rooting is a horrible business move on VZW's part.

That is all speculation based off what they did with one device.

Upvote 0
It sure seems like Motorola wants us to jump ship with the way they're handling this 2.2 OTA thing.

I don't get how they are handling the 2.2 OTA badly. They promised it in the month of September, technically late summer which is the MONTH of September. So somehow by them not having it out by the 9th day of September makes them a company who handles the 2.2 OTA horribly? The phone hasn't even been out that long. Someone correct me cause I know I'll get the exact number wrong, but hasn't it only been out a month or two.

Upvote 0
apparently they are now saying that verizon may get rid of google search all together on their future android devices. now in my mind it's too early to say that, but the fact that you can't load up google on the fascinate without rooting is a horrible business move on VZW's part.

This would not surprise me in the least.
I'm still ticked off about Verizon replacing Google with Bing (without asking) on my Blackberry.
Man, that pissed me off.

It is one thing to give me choice, but another to not do so. I don't have time for that kind of manipulation. If I wanted Bing, I would choose it.
:mad:

Upvote 0
This would not surprise me in the least.
I'm still ticked off about Verizon replacing Google with Bing (without asking) on my Blackberry.
Man, that pissed me off.

It is one thing to give me choice, but another to not do so. I don't have time for that kind of manipulation. If I wanted Bing, I would choose it.
:mad:

That's a reason why I decided against a blackberry.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It sure seems like Motorola wants us to jump ship with the way they're handling this 2.2 OTA thing.
That's funny...
seeing how i came from a samsung behold that samsung stated 2.x was going to come to. Then all we got was a buggy as hell 1.6 update at the end of june.
I would never trust samsung with another android device ever. You think the 2.2 update from moto is long.... you will be lucky of samsung updates to 2.2 before 2011.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones