• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone jumping ship to Fascinate?

Motorola Droid X vs. Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S)

The review headings:

Display

Winner: Droid X

Connectivity

Rear Camera

Battery Life

Winner: Draw

Portability

Winner: Samsung Fascinate

Speed

Winner: Samsung Fascinate

Storage

Overall Winner: Droid X

again I see frisco pop in unexpectedly. Still in love with your Eris Frisco? or are you looking to move on to a more muscular device?! ;)

Upvote 0
I read the comments before "posting it up," that's what motivated me to "post it up."

Now that it's "posted up," you also felt free to "read some of the comments," but you came away from those comments with a judgment as to their objectivity; I did not, yet.

However, I found that "posting it up" would be a great way for others to read it, using the link and perhaps motivated by the headings, which I "posted up" for that purpose. ;)

Hope this helps.

I gather your choice in this comparison is the Fascinate. Maybe you'll "post up" some additional comparative review material. Yippee.
I read this review about 24 hours after the date it was posted, which is a month ago. I already knew it was not objective. Judging a screen to be "better" because it is "bigger" even if they admitted the SAMOLED is more pleasant to look at isn't objective. The review is a joke.

The reason why I told you to read the comments is because it mostly echo my thoughts. No need to reinvent the wheel.

As for me leaning toward the Fascinate, I'm not. I think Droid X is slightly better due to a few factor, and it isn't the screen, it is more issues the phone is having but needs to be fixed:

1) GPS issue. This needs to be fixed, hopefully by the end of this month.
2) Stall issue. Samsung using RFS was pretty dumb. I see minimum stalls here and there even after applying the lag fix. I'm hoping Samsung will eliminate this issue completely or a xda fix.
3) Battery indicator is wrong. When it shows 80%-like filled battery icon and actual is 50%, there is a problem.

Most of these issues are fixable. Hopefully they do just that.

Upvote 0
Fail. What about the Droid Eris? :D If that is a "high end" Android phone for Verizon, in your opinion, then you just lost all credibility. :rolleyes:

Do you have a memory or was this before your time? :rolleyes:

Droid 1, Hero, Eris, yada, yada, yada.

Almost a year ago.....outdated, slow, now. Back then, choices for android on vzw were? Eris and Droid were top of the line android phones on vzw back then.

Oh, I have no credibility, I never have.

Upvote 0
X > fAsCiNaTe.

Bigger screen, more pixels. Sharper, crisper text. No blue-ish tint. Whites are white, not blue. Better build quality. Better reception. Better voice quality. Better GPS. No Bing. More memory. More better= X

And don't get started on that fancy plastic back cover on the fAsCiNaTe. Or that really bad hump backed extended battery cover. LOL

Upvote 0
slide down your notifications toolbar and you now have all your wifi bluetooth gps and plane mode there instead of another window. a plus

yes google search is gone and replaced with Bingaling, yes you can delete bing search but i wasnt able to install the google search widget...

task manager now incorporates an application uninstaller, active application and a summary of RAM memory used
best part of phone?? Weather Clock, an awesome widget by weatherbug that shows an analog clock with the background as weather. oh and if you try and place a widget that doesnt fit on a screen, it will look for a screen that it will fit on... pretty cool..
Some of these sound like things that could be easily addressed through apps and widgets. People are going to have varying preferences regarding elements of the stock TouchWiz, Blur and Sense interfaces but the cool thing about Android is that you are not really stuck with them and can make just about any recent Android phone look and act much like any other one. So I don't see some of these issues really being something to attract or deter anyone from a particular phone but they can be interesting as input to see how you might want to personalize your phone.

Upvote 0
Not in a million years would i switch to a samsung product. I HATE samsung. after my countless issues with a dlp tv and a upconvert dvd recorder I promised myself I'd never own another samsung product. I wouldn't care if it WAS better than the X, (which it isn't) I'll never do it... HTC is the only company I'd ever switch to. I had the DInc and I loved it but the X is faster and I LOVE the screen... Samsung = Junk IMHO...

Upvote 0
X > fAsCiNaTe.

Bigger screen, more pixels. Sharper, crisper text. No blue-ish tint. Whites are white, not blue. Better build quality. Better reception. Better voice quality. Better GPS. No Bing. More memory. More better= X

And don't get started on that fancy plastic back cover on the fAsCiNaTe. Or that really bad hump backed extended battery cover. LOL
I had to, sorry. lol

Dual LED, 8MP > Single LED, 5MP. Better camera too.
X > fAsCiNaTe. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones