1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone just using the DInc as a pda?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cakelady, Aug 2, 2010.

1. cakelady

cakelady Newbie

I am just not impressed with paying $90+ for service. I loved my old lifedrive (Palm). I don't mind having separate devices. I have plenty of wifi.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Member

I didn't think you could even use the phone on Verizon's network w/out paying for the plan.

3. cakelady

cakelady Newbie

I mean not using it on the network just wifi. No calling, no 3g

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I considered an iPod Touch for the same reason - was thinking I could just use it on WiFi and it's miles cheaper than a smartphone. Would have considered an equivalent Android device if one existed.

I decided that the real advantage of these smartphones is internet, everywhere. I would not have been satisfied using it only on WiFi. I think you might be surprised at the number of places you will want or would use internet if it were available. I use it constantly - a smartphone has actually substantially changed how I shop, how I use my computer, and how I access information.

I use it LOTS at stores, looking for reviews, comments or prices. When questions bounce into my head, I look them up immediately. I am less attached to my computer because even important stuff (emails, ticket purchasing, work-related stuff) can often be handled on the phone.

Plus I hate carrying multiple devices.

Just my $0.02. Your needs might be different.

5. liewbob

liewbob Member

I certainly use my dInc for more than that but I'd be real interested in which programs you have chosen for contacts, calendar, notes, tasks & mail.

6. andy88488

andy88488 Well-Known Member

It's not that good as a PDA. I had a Windows Mobile PDA, and that thing had rich, powerful applications like ListPro, DayNotez, and MyLifeOrganized. Android has nothing that is remotely as powerful yet. Maybe it'll come, but there are a lot of people bemoaning the lack of a ListPro-type app, for example.

It's really kind of disappointing how immature and underpowered the Android apps are. Maybe the ecosystem will eventually develop. But ListPro on Windows Mobile sells for $29.95. I would happily pay that much for an equivalent Android app, but I don't know if the Android user base will buy an app that costs more than $2.99.

So far, very disappointed in Android as a PDA platform.

7. OneOleMan

OneOleMan Newbie

My old PDA went belly up on me early this year and I ended up with an iPod Touch and, like you, thought Wi-Fi only would be sufficient. After all Wi-Fi everywhere. Yes it is everywhere but 90% is secured making it unavailable for the "passer by". For me and my needs that just wasn't good enough.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews