• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Anyone know a good Motorola Droid X Bicycle Mount?

U2XM202

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Hey Folks,

I've seen a few Bike Mounts online as well as ebay and while they seem good they're not great.

Since I mountain bike I'd like to have the phone's GPS Navigation (Or Google Earth) on and easily viewable while I'm out riding.

There's some universal fit ones that are actually made for the (up to 3G) iPhones ...but they don't seem that well constructed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

One of these days, I'm going to get a Ram Mount for my motorcycle. I think the medium Aqua Box will fit it best:
Part Details

I recently installed a medium aqua box mount on my Harley. I'm not overly thrilled at the clear insert that came with the aqua box. On the other hand, that thing is massive. It would likely take quite a serious impact...

Upvote 0
SM032 - $24.95
bike_mount_case_big.png

Arkon Water Resistant Bike Mount for Smartphones

Works with the Droid X (check the photo gallery for a pic).

YouTube - Bicycle and Motorcycle Handlebar Mount for iPhone 4, EVO 4G, Droid, Galaxy S, and More | Arkon SM032

Upvote 0
Steer clear of this bracket as it won't take much stress or shock on its handlebar mount. Though the online photo might lead you to assume a metal bracket wrapping the handlebar, it's actually simple plastic that apparently lacks glass fibre reinforcement. :(
-
SlipGrip Bike Holder For Verizon Motorola Droid X Phone - eBay (item 400143132517 end time Nov-08-10 09:21:04 PST)
-
After just a few (road) rides, the handlebar bracket cracked. Thankfully, my Droid wasn't in the cradle at the time! Mind you, this was flat Florida road riding, not some radical plunging single-track stuff. The cradle itself is actually nice for fair weather. I still use the same type cradle on a gooseneck mount in the car - EZ snap-in, snap-out - but still secure.

Attachments

• eBay-400143132517b.jpg
    eBay-400143132517b.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Greetings:

I put these up on my site a couple of months ago, and they are selling very well - and I have not had one complaint or return. Check it out here: Motorola Droid X Slim-Grip Bicycle | Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Cell Phone Holder

The new Slim-Grip design cradle holds the Droid X very well, and the mount itself seems solid as a rock once installed. I tested it on my ATV on a rocky dirt road - had no problems.

Any questions - feel free to email me.

John Drago
ExtremePDA

Upvote 0
Greetings:

I put these up on my site a couple of months ago, and they are selling very well - and I have not had one complaint or return. Check it out here: Motorola Droid X Slim-Grip Bicycle | Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Cell Phone Holder

The new Slim-Grip design cradle holds the Droid X very well, and the mount itself seems solid as a rock once installed. I tested it on my ATV on a rocky dirt road - had no problems.

Any questions - feel free to email me.

John Drago
ExtremePDA

Thanks! This is what I have been looking for.
Is the model # on this SM532 or SM527? The manual download on your site is for the SM532, but your heading lists it as SM527. Plus I cannot find a SM527 on the arkon website.

Upvote 0
I use a cheap cyclo computer and put the DX in my bag on my seat. I made my own mount to use for video but rarely use it.
I let My Tracks run on the phone in my bag and get it out at the end of the ride.

Amazon.com: top tube bag: Sports & Outdoors

Top tube bags, that mount on the top tube and attach to the stem, are even better at protecting your electronics than seat tube bags in my opinion - when crashing, I'm far likelier to bash the saddle bag than the top tube. Plus, they're easier to reach while riding.

Just throwing it out there - I didn't know about these great little bags until I rode with someone that kept her camera in them. Super convenient!

Upvote 0
After trying several including: RAM (broke the mount from vibration and/or shock) ARKON-SM527 I lost the flimsy holder w/phone off the mount while riding. I recently got an ARKON-SM032 This one, addressed the problem of the holder coming off the mount and thankfully weather resistance, but it still mounts on that tall somewhat fragile looking ball mount with the same clumsy big clamp.

I just ordered the "Endomondo phone bike mount" from the store on the endomondo.com site.
The store does not show sufficient detail, but you can go to a YouTube video titled: "Endomondo Phone Case with Bike Mount - Instructions" It shows the mounting and security features. After seeing this I ordered with a much better level of confidence. it looks fairly bulletproof plus it mounts low and simple. I'll follow up with a report of how I like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones