1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Anyone know anything about Ubinuri?

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by jungajuice, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jungajuice

jungajuice Active Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    Lead Android Developer at TuneWiki
    Santa Monica, CA
    I got this email today:

I work at Ubinuri in Korea, which distributes overseas applications in Korea through Korean app stores operated by mobile service operators and by itself.

At first, I would like to request your approval for Ubinuri's provision of information (screenshots and product features) and download service for

Advertisement

2. Boogs

Boogs Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Hmm... never heard of them. Not too much shows up on a google search either. I did find a thread over at anddev.org that you might want to follow. It looks like someone is about to make a "deal" with them for distribution.

3. BeRadical

BeRadical Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Did you ever find out if Ubinuri is legit? They just sent me the same e-mail.

4. dev1

dev1 New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Hi i recieved one to.
    ive done some research and they dont come up on anything.
    and also i think you can already publish to korea (I think).

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    WidgetLocker developer
    Chicago
    I got that email some time ago. I'd been talking to one of my Korean users already (he was do Korean translations for me) and so I asked what he thought. He'd never heard of them and said that the Korean Android app markets are a mess aside from the official Google one.

Korea does have a massive market though (both of users paying for apps, and of users pirating apps). I highly recommend Korean translations. But just distribute through the official Market. And accept that you'll get a lot of Korean piracy.

6. Blazing Empire

Blazing Empire New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I wasn't fully confident about Ubinuri and got a similar email as well. I decided to go through with it, though, and it wasn't a scam. I sent them my .apk and after a few days I was wired the money ($200 but transfer fees made it a little less).
    If you want more details on if this is legit, just ask.

Hope this helps.