1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support anyone know how to disable the auto dial (phone icon visible from call log) feature on Optimus M?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by agehya, May 8, 2012.

1. agehya

agehya Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    NJ
    I suffer from Parkinson's like symptoms and have difficulty handling small items like our beloved little Optimus M cells. Due to my symptoms (and accidental taps on my purse through my cellphone case), my phone sometimes "butt calls" (unintentionally dials) people in my recently called list due to inadvertent taps on those phone icons that appear to the right of people's names in the Call Log and the Favorites lists. This usually happens after a call because the phone defaults to the call log screen so those phone icons are displayed (and they are VERY sensitive to accidental touch). I want to disable that feature so this embarrassing problem stops. Does anyone here know how to disable or hide those icons? I would rather have to click on the name then the number so I don't have to worry about the unintentional calls. I accidentally dialed my boss one day and she listened in to my conversation with friends for several minutes before she realized it was a butt call. Thankfully, I was saying nice things about her! Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice for me.

Advertisement

2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
    Just press the power button real fast after your done with a call.....

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Try Going to the security setting and select the pattern lock option. Draw a pattern you can remember. When the screen is turned on you first have to draw the pattern to do anything. If the pattern is not drawn in 5 sec the screen goes off.

4. jpr8

jpr8 Member
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I feel your pain. This happens frequently to me and I don't have a medical condition to blame. After a call while putting the phone into the holster or setting it down I often inadvertently make calls.

This did result in an embarrassing situation once where my brother and I were talking smack about my dad while I had butt dialed him. He did not answer and had the voicemail message to replay to EVERYONE for weeks.

FYI: We were just saying how pesky he was being by calling us ten times a day...nothing too terrible.

Anyway...it does happen almost daily.

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
    Best app to lock up phone automatically: Proximity Screen Off
    try it.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  6. agehya

agehya Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    NJ
    Thanks Sammyz, Proximity Screen Off is quite the little gem for folks like me and perhaps even the poor soul above whose unfortunate "butt call" resulted in some mighty nasty family feud fuel!

Tags: