1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone know how to make tether app work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skrillex, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Skrillex

Skrillex Android Enthusiast

Anyone know how to make tether app work?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I'm not rooted on this phone,but,on the HUAWEI ASCEND, I used BARNACLE WI-FI TETHER w/no problems. Only thing I had to do in the settings was check the box 'SKIP WPA SUPPLICANT' & it worked every time.

EDIT:

Let me go on to state that tethering w/o purchasing the add-on SPRINT tethering/hotspot option is frowned upon by SPRINT.
    I honestly forgot about this momentarily during my original post,as I was on CRICKET for many years, and they couldn't care less how you use your data,as they will just throttle you after using 1GB of 3G data during your billing cycle.

3. dov717

dov717 Lurker

Use the wireless tether app, not the new wifi tether app, turn off 4g before you start tethering, after your pc or tablet is connected and working with 3g you can turn back on the 4g.

KOLIO likes this.
  4. tms592

tms592 Member

quick question: I use easytether and I want to know does your connection disconnects after awhile then you have to reconnect, or is it just until you turn off the tether?

Motorola Photon 4G Forum

The Motorola Photon 4G release date was August 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2011
Release Date
Reviews