• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone know if stores are selling out?

So I ended up having to work all day and was unable to pick up the phone. I know every town will be different but was just wandering if anyone knows how many where selling out in there area.

Thanks.
All four stores in my area have good inventories. The phones are selling well, you should be able to easily find one. You're going to really enjoy it. I am completely happy with mine.

Upvote 0
The store I went to opened at 11, I was there about 1130 and was the first to buy one. Plus I had gone into best buy before the att store and there was 2 groups of people gettings phones but NOT the Inspire, plus at the att store there was a lady changing her plan and another guy getting an iPHone. I was there about an hour too.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we sold quite a bit, and the remaining stock is on reserve for people who said they were coming in on monday. While we had about 6 or so people come in and ask about the phone, most the rest of the customers were people we converted from Iphones

my most notable experience was this:

a nice lady came in wanting to upgrade to a pantech link (basic messaging phone) she said she already has an Ipod touch, and an Ipad and asked me if an iphone would be worth it for her. I asked her if her Ipad is the one that gets 3g and she said yes. I told her that the ipad with 3g IS an iphone with out the phone part so she would probably be better off with out a smart phone and paying for the data. As i was processing the upgrade, she heard my coworker ask me a question about my phone. She saw my phone and asked me about it. She asked me why I dont have an iphone. I told her that I love android, I told her the value of android and how its different then Ios. I told her I have an Ipad at home that bridges the very small gaps between android and Ios with things like netflix, but thats all coming to android anyways. Long story short, she asked to buy the Inspire, and as soon as i put it in her hand and was showing her how to use it, she was so happy and wanted to go home and rub it in her husbands face who just got the iphone 4.

it was a good day for sure.

Upvote 0
Yeah, we sold quite a bit, and the remaining stock is on reserve for people who said they were coming in on monday. While we had about 6 or so people come in and ask about the phone, most the rest of the customers were people we converted from Iphones

my most notable experience was this:

a nice lady came in wanting to upgrade to a pantech link (basic messaging phone) she said she already has an Ipod touch, and an Ipad and asked me if an iphone would be worth it for her. I asked her if her Ipad is the one that gets 3g and she said yes. I told her that the ipad with 3g IS an iphone with out the phone part so she would probably be better off with out a smart phone and paying for the data. As i was processing the upgrade, she heard my coworker ask me a question about my phone. She saw my phone and asked me about it. She asked me why I dont have an iphone. I told her that I love android, I told her the value of android and how its different then Ios. I told her I have an Ipad at home that bridges the very small gaps between android and Ios with things like netflix, but thats all coming to android anyways. Long story short, she asked to buy the Inspire, and as soon as i put it in her hand and was showing her how to use it, she was so happy and wanted to go home and rub it in her husbands face who just got the iphone 4.

it was a good day for sure.

That's too funny lol I convinced a guy to purchase an inspire over an HTC surround in almost the same way lol

Upvote 0
I have a kind of funny story about my Inspire purchase today

I reserved the phone from RS the day you could reserve one. I kept calling over the week asking questions (accessories package, data package, upgrade questions, probably 2-3 calls) and from Thursday to Saturday called everyday seeing if I could pick it up early and that the manager told me if it came in early I could just pick it up (not true). I get to RS at about 1045 this morning waiting for them to open and when they finally did, which I was the only one there, I asked the lady how many people reserved the phone. She smiled and kind of laughed and said 'you were the only one to reserve it' LOL. I laughed and basically knew the entire week I had been calling and asking questions every day they probably knew me as 'the crazy Inspire guy' since NO ONE else reserved one. ha. Its funny because everytime I would call I thought in the back of my head that other people had to reserve some as well and there was no way of them knowing it was me. Wrong! lol

Upvote 0
I walked into an ATT store around 11:30 and they didn't have the demos setup yet. They had the atrix stuff up minus the phone with a demo video playing. I asked the lady about the phone as I wanted to play with it before I purchased it, in which she had to setup a phone from scratch because they didnt even take them out of the box yet. I was the first to get it :)

Upvote 0
I had quite a few people come into my store yesterday. I believe we sold 12 out of 14... I sold 7 myself. I had a couple come in on Saturday asking about the Inspire, and showed them the unit my manager had won at a conference, so they said they would come back on Sunday to purchase. They did. The woman then went back to work and showed her co-worker the Inspire she just bought. About 20 minutes later, her co-worker came into the store and asked to speak with me... and waited while I finished selling another couple 2 Inspires, and told me he wanted to buy an inspire. He was coming from an LG Neon.... he was particularly happy with the Inspire and was super excited. Now i'm just waiting for my store to get Accessories for it... there were delays due to last weeks winter storms.

All in all, we already sold more Inspires than we did Windows devices the first week of launch.

Upvote 0
I was the first one to pick one up at my local store, but they only had 10. While I was there 2 others showed up to buy the phone, and at least 2 people called to see if they had them and to say they were going to come pick them up. Most people in the store, which was very busy, IMHO, were buying iPhone 4's.

The funny thing is, the people buying the 4's are just sheep who don't look at other devices to see what's right for them.

Upvote 0
The att stores i went to were pushing the inspire HARD. anyone who walked in, INSPIRE, come check it out. 80% of the people who got one while I was there didn't even know it existed before they stepped foot in the door lol

It's a beautiful thing to not be tied down to only the iPhone as such a powerful device on at&t.. The captivate just wasn't quite there... and people have told me (from a general consumer point of view) that they like the Inspire over the Captivate because it's easier to navigate... which in my opinion is true. It's just good to hear my customers say that....

Upvote 0
It's a beautiful thing to not be tied down to only the iPhone as such a powerful device on at&t.. The captivate just wasn't quite there... and people have told me (from a general consumer point of view) that they like the Inspire over the Captivate because it's easier to navigate... which in my opinion is true. It's just good to hear my customers say that....

Ya, great time to be an ATT customer/employee. Finally you guys can sell the right phone to the right person, and the consumers have viable option. Its only getting better too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones