• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone know of a free radio app that works with htc one v??

patrickstar

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
I have read all over the web and found that my phone does in fact have radio. If you have the same phone as me you can open HTC Hub, click on apps, categories a-z, HTC essentials. You will find an un-working radio app there designed by HTC. Now I spoke with Technical Support for HTC themselves and they even couldn't figure it out. I just joined this website hoping somebody could help me. I got an app from this site (htcfmradio.apk) and used a file manager to install it and when I opened it, it said " unfortunately, FM radio has stopped." As I mentioned before, I found a widget from the hub. before I visited this site, I tried to use the widget and I got and error saying "the app could not be found".
Now it opens, but does not work as stated above. I got the app off of a HTC Evo V 4G forum on this site, maybe that's why it would not work when the person even said confirmed working for HTC Evo. I will attach the HTC Evo fm radio file to help some people out. (Since it did me no good) :(

(Oh, before I go, I heard about the spirit radio app on the market but it is a paid app and I don't want to use a credit card for it)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, :smokingsomb:
(Patrick Star) :D

Attachments

• HtcFMRadio.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
I went through the same thing as you trying to find something that worked. I finally paid for the Spirit FM Lite app which is $2.50 and it worked! I am listening to local radio as I type this email. BUT the HTC radio app does not work as stated earlier! Just want to let everyone know there is an app that works if you don't mind spending the $2.50. (full version is $9.99) search for Spirit FM in the Play Store.

Thanks,
Steve

Upvote 0
This phone has an app called "FM Radio" already pre-installed on the phone. UK version. Headphones need to be plugged in for it to work cuz they act as the aerial
2012-08-22%252006.39.22.png
2012-08-22%252006.39.14.png
2012-08-22%252006.39.03.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones