1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone know what could've happen to my GS7 edge?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Syamil Kader, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Syamil Kader

Syamil Kader Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    First sorry if i posted this on wrong section, still new. So I bought the phone on the first day it came out which was on 18th March. Yesterday, after charging to full, everything was working fine, until i checked back for notifications after about 3 hours, the battery went to 75%. I didn't use it at all as i was too busy, it just sat there on the table. The phone was quite warm to the touch. Later i brought it to class and used Word for about 30 to 40 mins continuously, the battery went from 75% to 30%, the phone was very warm all the time. Then i came back home to charge and i check back after it was 90%, the edge screen on the right part was green from top to bottom. And the whole screen was flickering on and off every time i pressed the home or power button. The top top part of the phone, near the earpiece was very hot. The phone is working, because i could still unlock it using the fingerprint. I managed to restart it despite the flickering screen. After the restart, the flickering went worst, i could only see the screen at a fraction of a second at a time. Also the "green" screen was still there. The phone went too hot so i had to power it off to let it cool down a bit. After about 30 mins, i powered on, and the screen just gave up, nothing shows up. But the capacitive button below is still lighting up when i press the home button. I tried to unlock using fingerprint, i think it still detects that, just the screen is not showing anything. Anyone know what could've happen to it, and i were to bring it back to Samsung, will i get a replacement phone?

Advertisement

2. teeitupmo

teeitupmo Newbie
    None

Aug 16, 2012
    If you truly didn't do anything to damage the S7E, than sounds like a defective device.

Samsung will fix or replace your device. I can only speak for Sprint and Verizon..both of those carriers will replace in the store, if device is warranty replacement. Especially since S7E is just over a month old.

My two cents..

KOLIO and mikedt like this.
  3. SixtyDashOne

SixtyDashOne Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Random guess sounds like the gpu was defective/overheating and is now shot.

4. NonXtreme

NonXtreme Newbie
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Got the exact same symptoms and screen replacement fix it.

5. Syamil Kader

Syamil Kader Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    yep, went to samsung service center, they replaced the screen, but i notice the battery is losing 4 to 5% more then i would before the breakdown.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.