• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone know what could've happen to my GS7 edge?

First sorry if i posted this on wrong section, still new. So I bought the phone on the first day it came out which was on 18th March. Yesterday, after charging to full, everything was working fine, until i checked back for notifications after about 3 hours, the battery went to 75%. I didn't use it at all as i was too busy, it just sat there on the table. The phone was quite warm to the touch. Later i brought it to class and used Word for about 30 to 40 mins continuously, the battery went from 75% to 30%, the phone was very warm all the time. Then i came back home to charge and i check back after it was 90%, the edge screen on the right part was green from top to bottom. And the whole screen was flickering on and off every time i pressed the home or power button. The top top part of the phone, near the earpiece was very hot. The phone is working, because i could still unlock it using the fingerprint. I managed to restart it despite the flickering screen. After the restart, the flickering went worst, i could only see the screen at a fraction of a second at a time. Also the "green" screen was still there. The phone went too hot so i had to power it off to let it cool down a bit. After about 30 mins, i powered on, and the screen just gave up, nothing shows up. But the capacitive button below is still lighting up when i press the home button. I tried to unlock using fingerprint, i think it still detects that, just the screen is not showing anything. Anyone know what could've happen to it, and i were to bring it back to Samsung, will i get a replacement phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones