• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anyone looking to upgrade to the lg esteem

The Connect is more of a side grade if anything. Smaller screen, no HDMI out, VGA front facing camera.

Yea, although from what I see even though the LG Connect display is .3 inches smaller than the Esteem, the resolution is larger. But I know this can be changed through software anyway. I don't know, I'd rather sacrifice the display size and front facing camera quality to having a dual core CPU and double the RAM.

Upvote 0
Yea, although from what I see even though the LG Connect display is .3 inches smaller than the Esteem, the resolution is larger. But I know this can be changed through software anyway. I don't know, I'd rather sacrifice the display size and front facing camera quality to having a dual core CPU and double the RAM.

+1 I have the esteem but everyone bashes the connect. I can live without an HDMI out. Plus the connect has a Nova display while the esteem I believe is LCD. I think us esteem users are in buyers denial just like the indulge owners where when the esteem was released. They would often get annoyed at just hearing the name in there in the days after it came out lol

Upvote 0
1.7 GHz?!?!?!?! WOW!!! Oh wait my EVO 3D has been running at 1.8GHz since the day I got it....... Anytime you want to roll with a friendly benchmark competition let me know. F.Y.I. if you can't get your scores above a Galaxy S II, don't even waste your time coming to see me. The only device that has a higher score is the Asus Transformer Prime with a quad-core processor. Anytime you are ready, find you a lightweight ROM and PM me. Seriously though, I'm curious to see what this flagship MetroPCS phone will do, as I left Metro for Sprint right before it came out.

lol did you join this forums just to make fun of the esteem? lol why are you trying to set up a competition between Metro and Sprint its like saying put a upper-class person vs and poor class, who has more money? and for a low class phone its pretty much in par with your evo 3d...

Upvote 0
1.7 GHz?!?!?!?! WOW!!! Oh wait my EVO 3D has been running at 1.8GHz since the day I got it....... Anytime you want to roll with a friendly benchmark competition let me know. F.Y.I. if you can't get your scores above a Galaxy S II, don't even waste your time coming to see me. The only device that has a higher score is the Asus Transformer Prime with a quad-core processor. Anytime you are ready, find you a lightweight ROM and PM me. Seriously though, I'm curious to see what this flagship MetroPCS phone will do, as I left Metro for Sprint right before it came out.

Have fun with that phone fir another two years, oh and hows that wimax working out for you? ;) jp well obviously you'll win you've got twice the ram and a dual core!!

Upvote 0

Yeah your phone might be better.. my pecker might be better than yours too though. So after we benchmark phones lets have a pissing contest. :)

On a serious note.. for a 'low end' phone on a 'low end' network the esteem is awesome .. and not much off the tech mark compared to yours.

Most importantly, who cares? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones