• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone not playing with the X early?

EKG

Android Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2010
Who are the people not finding a store to let them play with the X early? I am torn about this! I am dying to mess around with this phone, but I also want it to be a totally new experience for me on launch day when I get it!! Ahhh...decisions.

The corp stores in my area only have dummy models which they just got last Thursday. The VZW regional corporate account rep that serves my company has had a working model for about 3 weeks and allowed my coworkers and I a few minutes each with the X last Wed.

That was enough time for me to see that bootloader issues aside, this is the phone for me. At 6'1 and hands to match, I would call it almost the perfect size, it could even stand to be just a few mm wider IMO. No problem fitting the phone in my pocket either but then I don't wear male leotards, I mean skinny jeans..lol

Edit: Just wanted to add that swype is AWESOME!!!! and amazingly easy to use, I can see it become a standard option on every touchscreen in the near future.

Upvote 0
The corp stores in my area only have dummy models which they just got last Thursday. The VZW regional corporate account rep that serves my company has had a working model for about 3 weeks and allowed my coworkers and I a few minutes each with the X last Wed.

That was enough time for me to see that bootloader issues aside, this is the phone for me. At 6'1 and hands to match, I would call it almost the perfect size, it could even stand to be just a few mm wider IMO. No problem fitting the phone in my pocket either but then I don't wear male leotards, I mean skinny jeans..lol

I'm 5'4 and while I don't have small tiny hands I have average hands nothing large but I'm so looking forward to this phone.

Upvote 0
Who are the people not finding a store to let them play with the X early? I am torn about this! I am dying to mess around with this phone, but I also want it to be a totally new experience for me on launch day when I get it!! Ahhh...decisions.

Every store in my area pretends they can't show the phone until launch day. The best I could do was hold a dummy phone. They had it behind the desk.

Fits nicely in pockets actually.

Upvote 0
Every store in my area pretends they can't show the phone until launch day. The best I could do was hold a dummy phone. They had it behind the desk.

Fits nicely in pockets actually.

Yeah today my Verizon store claimed to not have any phones. Not even dummy phones, which I find hard to believe because they are a pretty large store. I think he was just pretending not to have any. The store was very busy, so maybe he didn't want to bother with me.

Last Wednesday I went into a different store. They only had one employee working there, who pretended to not know anything about the phone at all. I asked about the X and he said "oh you mean that phone coming out in August??" seriously, wtf? Maybe he was confused with the droid 2. I think the store was only an authorized retailer... not a corporate store. but seriously.

Upvote 0
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to check it out early. I did and it really, really helped my decision. I was set on getting an Incredible and if they were readily available I may have just gotten that however since they are not I figured I would check out the X. The size of it was what was holding me back but being able to check it out in the store and seeing that it didn't feel that big and fit comfortably in my pocket helped me decide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones