1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone notice the Signal strength drop to no or few Bars...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ISASoilder, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

When myphone attempts to make a data call, Ive had 2 Fascinates and both of them seem to have the issue. I still am connected but when this occurs pages can stop loading. This is my 1st Smartphone so this could be normal but.. does anybody else who owes this phone notice the same thing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

I have the same issue, and I asked another person who has VZW and a different phone (Droid 2). He's getting the same problems.

3. ISASoilder

O So could it be an android or Verizon issuse?? Any thoughts

4. Ricer118

Ricer118 Lurker

I'm noticing the same issues with my phone.

5. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast

Count me in on that. Mine has been acting horribly lately. Just on friday I noticed that I had not been getting many txts and I had no signal. When I left work pandora wouldnt work so I rebooted and got like 6 txts and 2 voicemails... Also my battery was orange and I hadnt used my phone at all that day.

I used to always have decent signal in my office and now I never have one. My coworks do....

I cant be having this. My wife is due any time now really. I need a working phone!

6. Arkard

Arkard Lurker

I dont think this is a fascinate issue. I think its on Verizons end. I to have been getting less signal then I usually get. A co-worker has said the same thing and he has the original droid. This is just a recent issue we have noticed.

7. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

And I think it's starting to clear up.

I re-flashed my phone back to stock, and the issue didn't resolve itself. Today, however, I've noted it is much better.

Prior to re-flash I did numerous *228's, and no help. I mentioned it to the VZW person (Corporate store), and she said she didn't know about any issues, but would ask up the chain when she had a down moment.

Who knows? Maybe I prodded the right person for them to start looking at it? Prolly not, but I can hope, right?.

8. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member

I wonder if this has something to do with the release of the iPhone this past weekend? I know i have at least 2 friends of mine that are getting their's today. And I know I read somewhere that Verizon was starting to throttle bandwidth to try and prevent the same disaster that AT&T has.

9. uncwhawk

uncwhawk Newbie

my phone was doing same, some say best guess is they are introducing 4g into the network and its causing these issues.

10. ISASoilder

No I dont think it has anything to due with the Iphone sense ive been having to problem since i got my phone back in sept, And i thought this a Hardware problem where 2much power was being drawn frown the atenna device in order to make a or data call been then ive seen that other ppl with different phones are having the same issue so maybe its Android??

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews