• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone notice this: 2.2 issues (not mentioned)

LisaFitz

Apr 11, 2010
NY
I apologize in advance but haven't seen these listed yet

1. Our News Widget using Engadget broke, when you click the stories you used to be able to go to the actual article straight from the headline, now nothing happens

2. The volume rocker buttons actually scroll the webpage now, which is sometimes weird when your trying to lower the volume, how to lower volume now when in a webpage?

3. I know during a call your picture id person's facebook status is displayed, but if they don't have facebook, gmail gtalk is also displayed - also my pictures are still blurry (they were taken with evo camera) ...

4. Whats the difference now with 720p recording besides the added light? Anyone noticing a difference?

5. Swype issues on and off, i had to re-download since after 2.2 it was telling me i had a expired version, after the download to the newest beta everything was ok until this morning when it stopped working again, and i had to re-download it again, kinda annoying -

6. Bluetooth voice dialing is ok, tried it today with the blueant S4 that came out recently and it works but is not very accurate, some contacts work great but it takes alot of steps to actually have the thing dial out all through voice -

7. I need more home-screens lol, I don't like switching scenes, kinda pointless

I apologize in advance but haven't seen these listed yet

1. Our News Widget using Engadget broke, when you click the stories you used to be able to go to the actual article straight from the headline, now nothing happens

2. The volume rocker buttons actually scroll the webpage now, which is sometimes weird when your trying to lower the volume, how to lower volume now when in a webpage?

3. I know during a call your picture id person's facebook status is displayed, but if they don't have facebook, gmail gtalk is also displayed - also my pictures are still blurry (they were taken with evo camera) ...

4. Whats the difference now with 720p recording besides the added light? Anyone noticing a difference?

5. Swype issues on and off, i had to re-download since after 2.2 it was telling me i had a expired version, after the download to the newest beta everything was ok until this morning when it stopped working again, and i had to re-download it again, kinda annoying -

6. Bluetooth voice dialing is ok, tried it today with the blueant S4 that came out recently and it works but is not very accurate, some contacts work great but it takes alot of steps to actually have the thing dial out all through voice -

7. I need more home-screens lol, I don't like switching scenes, kinda pointless

You need more than 7 home screens?????

Reactions: The Dorian
Upvote 0
Hrmmm...mine don't either. Wonder if it's a configuration setting or something. Is this the stock Android browser?

Actually gave up on stock since day 2, been using dolphin HD and never had that feature show up before - hmm

Folders maybe i'll give that a shot, trying to manage all these apps in a organized way, not working even with the screens we have, - :rolleyes:

Also just tried removing news widget with engadget and nothing worked after reapplying it, thats also not cool, (anyone else notice we now have a news and weather news widget)?

Upvote 0
Hrmmmm, OK, I don't have Dolphin...not sure what is going on there.

Another thing to try on the Endgaget widget...go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and select it from the list. The press the 'Clear Data' button. If that doesn't work, then try uninstalling it and re-installing it. If that doesn't work...then Engadget may have a problem with Froyo.

Reactions: LisaFitz
Upvote 0
Hrmmmm, OK, I don't have Dolphin...not sure what is going on there.

Another thing to try on the Endgaget widget...go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and select it from the list. The press the 'Clear Data' button. If that doesn't work, then try uninstalling it and re-installing it. If that doesn't work...then Engadget may have a problem with Froyo.

Ok tried all that and nada, but interesting enough the smaller news widget that cycles through the stories works when you click the headlines, but the larger widget does not ... :thinking:

Upvote 0
Ok tried all that and nada, but interesting enough the smaller news widget that cycles through the stories works when you click the headlines, but the larger widget does not ... :thinking:

Thanks for the thanks...though nothing I suggested worked. I guess Engadget just needs to fix their widget. As long as everything else on your EVO seems stable, then I would definitely say they need to test their app out with Froyo and fix it.

Upvote 0
The only issue I have right now is that all the songs in my playlist have disappeared. Now I have to redo everythign on the phone again, will probably take me 3 whole days to add all the songs on the playlist. Other than that, haven't noticed any thing different. :)

Use Winamp to create your playlist. That's what I did. I even transferred my SD card from my G1 and it kept everything in place.

Upvote 0
Instead of folders you can get "more icons widget" from the marketplace. It allows you to put 4 small icons in the place of one large one. I use the 4x1 widget and have 16 icons in one line of my home screen instead of just 4. I really like it.
Another solution to make more room is an app called "Apps Organizer". It allows you to label applications, instead of just making folders and shortcuts. You can change the label(s) through Apps Organizer, and it automatically updates the windows that pop up when you click on a labels icon that's placed on the home screen. It works similar to folders, but is much more flexible.

You can also get icons outside of those that come with the app. I usually go to iconspedia.com to get my icons, and have a folder on my SD card to store the icons in.

Apps Organizer has been indispensable for me once I found it.

Reactions: Mikeyz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones