1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone order a Note 8 on the week of Sept 15th?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dyno S, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Has anyone here ordered a Note 8 directly from Samsung's website here in the US on the week of September 15th? Reason I ask is because I went to order me a second Note 8 on the week of September 15th and my order confirmation email says it won't ship until the week of October 15th. Anyone know if this is right or accurate?

My first Note 8 order was done on August 24th right when you could pre-order and I got that order way before before the September 15th launch day, it had actually got delivered on September 6th. Now this second order has me a bit puzzled with an estimated ship date of October 15th. Are the Note 8's in short supply or pushed back by that far currently?

Advertisement

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    They are available now. I got mine from my Carrier and the rep did mention they are high in demand (especially the blue one). So I'm guessing it's most likely on back order due to not being able to keep up with consumer demand.

3. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    The blue one? Are you in the US? The one I ordered is the same as my first, black unlocked version, so I'm excluded from purchasing via carrier even though I know I could do a carrier unlock but I really don't want carrier bloatware and carrier logo upon boot up.

4. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    atl
    I didn't order, but I did check the Sammy site on 9/15 and also saw a ship date of 10/15. I went to AT&T and walked out of the store with one that same day (not pre-ordered)

Pre-orders have been crazy though, so I'm not surprised if they are a month back

Best buy sells regular unlocked phones though, I think (not carrier branded or anything)

5. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    I swear I must of some how missed where it said that it was backed to Oct. 15th. I'm also buying direct from Samsung to get instant credit for a trade in device and just prefer a factory unlocked version direct from Samsung. Sadly I don't have BestBuy near me for me to purchase from them, nor are they offering any kind of trade in credit that I'm aware of.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait things out a bit. I'm guessing things also got a bit out of hand with people being disappointed with the new iPhone X being most folks were holding out on the Note 8 till after the Apple event.

gashadow and marctronixx like this.
  6. NeoGrandizer

None

Mar 9, 2012
    Sorry, from Canada. The rep mentioned they were high in demand and they had very limited supplies. They were also not allowing consumers to buy the Note 8 outright even if you are a current customer. It had to be on 2-year term.

I got 2 Blue Note 8s (one for myself and the other for my brother) with my carrier. They also don't bloat up the phone with their logos and stuff. :)

7. Dyno S

Dyno S Newbie
    None

Sep 10, 2017

Ahhh thought so. You guys are pretty lucky to get the blue as I dunno of any other region or country other than you Canada folks who got the blue. Do you know if it would work in the US? Not familiar with the Canada carriers or if you folks have the blue in an unlocked version but you guys are pretty fortunate up that way. Hehe

I settled for the black due to the camera cutout on the rear being a bit large and in black making it really stand out. I wish Samsung had decided to go vertical instead of horizontal on the camera and flash setup. This would of also made for a more comfortable area for the fingerprint scanner given the extended height of the phone being its a little taller.

8. NeoGrandizer

None

Mar 9, 2012
    Yeah. I love the blue. But it's a fingerprint magnet. Not a problem if you have a case though. LOL

I believe they are unlocked if bought directly from Samsung. I think some work with AT&T network. Or so I've heard. Not sure either and lean towards a hit and miss depending on carrier and bands the Note 8 has and able to work with.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!