1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone ordered from Wirefly or Newegg?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ANewDay, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Newegg seems to use Wirefly/Simplexity as a 3rd party reseller. So, I got my phone yesterday and noticed that the packaging was bad, it was not tight at all, the box could freely move around. One side of the white box has black marks. Seemed like someone have used the phone, the battery cover also wasn't put all the way in and there were bits of the red cardboard that got on the edges of the screen and behind the adhesive on the battery cover. Maybe someone returned this phone and they had to put another adhesive over it. Do they resell returned phones or do they go back to Verizon or Samsung?

Anyone have a similar experience from them? I already opened the battery and charged it, might return it...do you think they'll give me a hard time?

Advertisement

2. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    i've read good and bad about newegg. only ordered one thing from them years ago and it was good. i probably wouldn't order anything else due to the mixed reviews though....

3. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Also, even though they said that "to avoid interruption of service, the phone comes unactivated" my service was rendered useless once the tracking showed that the package was delivered. :mad:

4. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I've ordered many of things from Newegg.com They are very good; good prices and fast delivery. I even processed some RAM Tuesday for an RMA; they received it, processed it, and shipped a replacement on Thursday. Most of my items are PC parts. So I can't speak for wireless phones from them.

5. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    Sure, they probably sent a sim with the phone and registered it on your account. It's not active, you will have to call to activate it.

Weird that it came that way, I've been less than impressed with newegg (egghead software from before anyone young can remember, and they had horrible ratings) lately.

They used sell at near cost, but they aren't anymore. I'm looking for a new-newegg these days.

6. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    FWIW, Newegg is not related to the old Egghead Software.

According to my records I've placed 67 orders with Newegg going back to 2002. They've never shipped me the wrong item or a damaged item. They've always shipped very quickly (although they used to default to FedEx w/terrific service where now it's UPS and my local clueless delivery guy who never misses a puddle on a rainy day) and have wonderful customer service with respect to returns and exchanges.

I can't speak for Newegg's wireless phone division, but their computer parts business has exceeded every one of my expectations.

7. SBCT

SBCT Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    Agreed!! Although I have never ordered a mobile phone through them, the computer / electronics always arrive fast and in working order. I have bought everything from ram for my netbook to a 50" plasma without issues. I received a few dead mobo's a few years back but they replaced them no problem. I have noticed as mentioned earlier that the used to always have the best prices and lately they seemed to be hit or miss on whether or not they have the cheapest stuff.

8. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    I ordered from wirefly, phone scheduled to arrive tomorrow. They even xferred an upgrade for me, to my line from another family plan line that wasnt going to use it.

Now Im just hoping for a good "copy" of the phone, or at least enough time to send them back until I get one.

9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Well I'm a loyal customer of theirs, but that doesn't mean I won't continue to find other suppliers now and then. ;) In particular, if you're near a Micro Center, they have some special deal w/Intel so their 2500K and 2600K CPUs are cheaper in-store than anybody else's mail order.

BTW, just for completeness sake... Newegg has been unreliable about putting enough packing material in the box when ordering OEM (bare, not the retail versions which come in their own box) hard drives. Great drives, great prices, but if you order an OEM drive then it's smart to test it within the exchange period just in case.

10. jraskell

jraskell Member
    None

Oct 31, 2011
    Engineer
    New Hampshire
    I've been ordering almost all my computer components from Newegg for years. Built half a dozen computers with pretty much yearly upgrades in between, with the vast majority of components ordered from Newegg. Had to issue one RMA for a Power Supply that was just DOA, and it was about as good as an RMA can go. If the items ship out of NJ, I have them sometimes the next day, always within 2 days.

I've never ordered non-computer stuff from them though, but I find it hard to believe that there'd be a gross difference in service because of that (excluding 3rd party scenarios, as it appears Wirefly is). Frankly, most of the negative reviews I've read were from people with unreasonable expectations.

11. jamor

jamor Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    Planet Earth
    newegg is amazing if something is wrong just talk to customer service they will take care of you.

I built a what-would-be-retail $2,000 PC from newegg parts and only spent $800.

Shipping and returns always easy.. although they don't have the unconditional return policy like amazon.. they will pay for return shipping only if product is defective or they did something wrong on their end.

Tags: