1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone own a Squeezebox?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by A.Nonymous, Jul 30, 2011.

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I have no clue if this belongs here or some other sub-forum and won't get offended if it gets moved around.

I'm eyeballing both a Squeezebox Boom or a Squeezebox Radio. I've read all the reviews and I'm just wondering about the sound quality. I see some reviews that claim the sound quality is absolutely horrid. I hear others that claim the quality of the Boom is comparable to a Bose (which I find hard to believe). Does anyone on here actually own one? Sadly, I can't find any in any stores that I can go to and hear one.

Advertisement

2. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    NOLA
    Sonos has wayyyy better audio quality, but it comes at a premium. The LogiTech products are good, but audio quality suffers a bit. We installed a few while I was working for an A/V integration company, as well as the Sonos products. Sonos was far superior.

Wireless Home Music Systems and HiFi Music Players from Sonos

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Yeah, I would rather have the Sonos products, but there's no way I can justify the price tag. They're $350-400 just starting out. I don't have that kind of money. I'm curious if the Logitech has a good sound quality at all or if it's just crap.