• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone paying full price (about $800 w/tax)?

Bestbuy aways seems higher with retail by about $50 for high end VZW devices. Something to do with an agreement with them. Same for TB? $800 out the door seems nuts, but appreciate other people's views otherwise. I bought a gtablet and 64gb iPod for only $30 less than that combined, so about the same cost.

The TB should be a nice device.

usually best buy is $100 more than verizon for full retail on mos of the phones some are less.

Upvote 0
I was very polite when I spoke of my frustration with the sliding release day, and that ATT has a firm date for the atrix, and the fact that the new contract atrix + my early termination fee was 300 less than a full retail TB. ;) YMMV

How long did it take you to see the change effective online? I just worked my vanilla magic and they approved it on the phone for my upgrade date to be moved up from 3-8-11 to now; however, I am not seeing that reflected on my account page...

Upvote 0
How long did it take you to see the change effective online? I just worked my vanilla magic and they approved it on the phone for my upgrade date to be moved up from 3-8-11 to now; however, I am not seeing that reflected on my account page...

I am not sure you will see it online. He told me I am on his "too call" list and that he would call me when the phone is out, and that he noted my account so that if I called back in or went to a store, they would see the change. He also said he'd text me when he has final release date and pricing.

Upvote 0
I think it's relatively easy to move up your upgrade date if you're within 30 days. But moving it up months early takes a little more skills...skills that I apparently lack. :eek:

You have to be willing to walk away from them for real. If you are bluffing, they will call it. I have no emotional ties to or other allegiances to big red. I'd walk in a heartbeat. I wasn't lying when I said that I could get an arguably better phone with less impact to my wallet, plus ATT is just as good around here is VZW. That is what you need to convey, politely. ;)

Upvote 0
I am paying full price ;(
I find it to be COMPLETELY worth it.
I absolutely HATE my Droid X (my first Android phone). I have gone through 5 replacements [for varying reasons], and still have the same "basic" problems which all seem to be linked to Motorola\MotoBlur, not Android.
The rest of my family has the Droid Inc, and have NO problems at ALL - which is why I cannot wait to switch to HTC.

Have you tried rooting?

Upvote 0
Have you tried rooting?

Yes, I rooted it - didn't have AS many problems as with it unrooted, but still had problems.
I then had other hardware related problems to the one I rooted, and was able to get it replaced.

The problems that I have experienced with all 5 or so X's, are: Random restarting, constant freezing\crashing, screen not turning on [while the buttons light up], TERRIBLE responsive'ness, and just all around slow.

I have done everything I can find online - I started using LPP which helped a LOT, but I still have the occasional auto-restart and freeze.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones