1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone recognize this taskbar icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by willyt, Jan 4, 2014.

1. willyt

willyt Newbie

This icon popped up a few days ago, and I haven't the foggiest what it's to. Anybody recognize it?

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Android Enthusiast

I believe that's the icon for NFC. Check your settings to see if you have it checked.

3. Italo

Italo Android Enthusiast

That's the icon for NFC.

4. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Definitely NFC you can turn it off in settings under wireless and networks and then mine is under the ... more category. (running Jelly Bean on HTC sense 5 if that matters). This is my first phone with NFC so not sure if that's where it's located on your Galaxy.

Hope that helps!

5. Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved from Android Lounge.

... Thom

6. puregolda

puregolda Newbie

What is NFC?

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

"Near Field Communication (NFC) is a set of short-range wireless technologies, typically requiring a distance of 4cm or less to initiate a connection. NFC allows you to share small payloads of data between an NFC tag and an Android-powered device, or between two Android-powered devices." It's also used for secure financial transactions. More info is available here

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews