• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone running ICS and NOT having heat issues?

Ever since flashing the ICS leak, and running CleanROM ICS ROM, my phone gets ridiculously hot after using it for more than 10 minutes, or so. And subsequently, the battery plummets during this time.
Seems like a fairly common problem. Standby is great. The battery will hardly move 1% for 30 minutes in standby. But if you wake it up and use it for anything more than 5-10 minutes, it will heat up and battery will plummet.

I'm talking 110-120F after 20 mins. Easily >100F after just 5-10mins.

Does anyone have the ICS leak, or an ICS ROM and can run the phone for 20 minutes with temps below 90-100F?

you might consider then,doing the s-off procedure. it will have 2 distinct advantges:
1)you can downgrade everything back to GB
2)it will change your hboot back to saying locked wich is good should the need arise to return the phone for warranty.

seems like some phones had some sort of hardware fluke,while others have not. i have read about overhearing issues- seems quite randomly same have them,some dont.

Upvote 0
I have the heat issue as well. My phone would get so hot in 10 minutes that when I put it back in my pocket, it would make my leg sweat. My understanding is that it has to do with the terrible ics kernel. My temporary workaround is that I have the latest leak ics radios, gbe cleanrom 1.7.5 and incredikernel. My phone no longer gets anywhere near as hot, however my battery plummets all day. I get about 10-12 hours of standby, and about 5 hours of light use.

Upvote 0
Mine runs cooler on ics than gb. Are you in a low signal area? If the radio is struggling to keep a good signal it can heat up too

I actually have amazing 4G coverage in my area. Looks like I need to get my phone ready for a warranty claim
Oh, and it doesn't say xa or xb anywhere behind the battery on mine

Upvote 0
So I've still got the heat issue on GB with this phone. Verizon sent me a replacement because of the MHS issue I'd been having, and my old phone didn't have a heat issue. The new one still has the MHS issue and now it obviously has a heat issue. Returned it to locked, S-ON to send it in for warranty.

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble man, here's hoping with the replacement third time's the charm...

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble man, here's hoping with the replacement third time's the charm...
Nope.

This is my fourth Rezound now (still "version A" - was hoping for an XB, just to see!) and it behaves the same.

What do you all think is a good standardized test that we can all compare our results? I've been running Netflix for 30 minutes, since it uses CPU/GPU and LTE Radios and in 30 minutes, it is at about 115F and climbing. I'm beginning to think this is just normal and there are no "cool" Rezounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones