• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone scratched their screen yet?

I have the verizon screen protector on it and nothing else. It makes it easier to slide my finger across the screen.

One reason I don't have a protector is that the screen is so smooth to the touch without it. Ive had protectors on every other device I've owned and this one feels the best when using it. I was thinking of getting a protector but really don't want to go back to that other feel.

Oh and no scratches at all so far.

Upvote 0
I put the Verizon protector on mine and it's a GOOD thing I did. I was trying to get something from under the couch, lifted the end of the couch, and my phone fell out, under the couch. Set the couch down and....yep....right on the phone!

I was freaking out because it left a nice mark on the screen protector. I was hoping it didn't get to the screen but was hard to tell. Peeled it off to check and....good as new!! :) Whew! Now I need to apply another screen protector lol

Upvote 0
I actually just got my phone today in the mail. 2 hours later I had to go to a college orientation thing. Anyways while I was walking around the college, I was downloading apps to make good use of my time. When I was going down the stairs, I dropped it. They arent carpeted or anything. They're concrete stairs with metal trim on the edges. The screen hit the metal trim dead on, and fell down about 4 more steps.

I was furious. I ran down to pick it up. No damage whatsoever. Not even a scratch on the casing of it. Screen is completely clean. This gorilla glass stuff works.

Upvote 0
Has anyone without a screen protector scratched it yet? Im just curious. I dont really wanna get one because i have never liked them but if i have to i guess i wouldnt mind.

Scratched mine while I was awaiting my SGP Clear protector shipment. Not sure how. Never dropped the phone - and I'm always careful, but the screen had a scratch. So, it can happen. For me, I like to keep my phone as perfect as possible because I typically sell it on eBay within a couple months - when something new comes out. I've heard all the claims, but I'm proof that it can easily happen. All it takes is the right abrasive. Not sure what that abrasive was for me. (A grain of sand in the pocket? Who knows..)

Upvote 0
One reason I don't have a protector is that the screen is so smooth to the touch without it. Ive had protectors on every other device I've owned and this one feels the best when using it. I was thinking of getting a protector but really don't want to go back to that other feel.

Oh and no scratches at all so far.
My feeling is just the opposite. I put an anti-glare protector on the screen when I 1st got the phone because I like how smooth and easy it is to glide my finger across. I took the protector off because of some bubbles underneath and decided to try it naked for a while. But to me my finger sticks more with nothing on it. More fingerprint prone as well. I am going to try a crystal clear protector soon.

Upvote 0
I have a Zagg Invisible Shield on mine. As much as I try not to, I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS end up scratching my screens. Iphone, 3g Iphone, 3 ipods, 2 RAZR screens(yeah... I'm going waayyyyyy back), KRZR screen. I love my X so much I was NOT going to risk it.

I even bought some nasty ugly cheap piece of crap silicone body case from Best Buy because no one else had a body case and this was the only one Best Buy had.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones