1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone seen a N5 out "in the wild"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rxpert83, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

You saw 2 red/orange ones in the same day? :thinking::eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

They completely sold out; I was half hoping to pick up one of those. Then again the initial stock was probably miniscule. I have seen 4 or 5 different people with the N5 at my school; and a few more with the N4. Most were compsci majors but one was a business major and one was a polysci major.

3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Everything seems to be in stock in the UK except for the black 32GB which is 2-3 weeks.

4. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Well-Known Member

Right? I have yet to see one.

5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

In the US the only one in stock last time I checked was the 32 gig white one.

6. mistergoof

mistergoof Member

I saw one on the Train (leaving London) last week. and a colleague says he's seen another one in the office.

Any tips as to how I can track down this kindred friend?

7. ZippityNZ

ZippityNZ Newbie

Saw one out in the park yesterday.

Got it in my cross hairs and blew it away.

8. xnate416

xnate416 Newbie

My friend owns one and she isn't a smartphone nerd at all. She likes it too

Rxpert83 likes this.
  9. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

A mate at work has one, he's a pretty tech savvy guy. He's actually the reason I first looked into the Nexus 5. Before him I hadn't really heard anything about them.

10. ZippityNZ

ZippityNZ Newbie

Same reason I bought one :)

11. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I've seen someone with a Galaxy Nexus and another with a Nexus 5. There was one person with a phone that looked like a Nexus 4 (black front, on screen buttons etc) but I was never sure if it actually was

Rxpert83 likes this.
  12. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

Thought I spotted my first nexus 5 today, but it was a red nokia lumia upon closer inspection.

13. mistergoof

mistergoof Member

Have spotted 4 in the office today.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  14. NaterTots

NaterTots Android Enthusiast

I haven't seen any out and about yet, but was probably close to one.

I did spot someone wearing Google Glass last weekend in a restaurant. First time seeing those in real life and I'd like to assume he had a N5 in his pocket.:D

Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

I haven't even seen the N5 in the flesh yet :eek:

There are a few N4s kicking about the office (I'm in IT so this is prime Nexus territory :rolleyes:), but not a single N5. Guess the people who are into Nexus got the N4 and aren't into upgrading every year.

16. Hunter5

Hunter5 Android Enthusiast

Well I saw a Nexus 5 in a TV commercial yesterday (for the life of me I can't remember the commercial but it wasn't a phone related commercial, I think it was an insurance commercial or something) it was the white one and you could clearly see it was a Nexus 5...Pretty Cool!!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  17. thisISjoel

Dunno if this counts as "in the wild" but saw this on 'Catch of the Day'...

[​IMG]

18. milan4o

milan4o Lurker

I have seen only 2 by now

19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I've seen two within the past week on campus. Another graduate student had one as well as the girl working the librarian desk.

Its catching on like wildfire! :rolleyes:

20. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

Sometimes it's better being niche than mass produced, every man and his dog has one.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I can certainly agree with that. When you see someone else who has one its always a conversation piece, and they automatically have my respect :rofl:

22. thisISjoel

I was at the liquor store yesterday looking for some sweet vermouth for a cocktail party and the guy working there didn't know what it was so he pulled out his nexus 5 to google it! His screen was all smashed though :(

Rxpert83 likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews