1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

anyone succesfully send a text with google voice actions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vtec, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Vtec

Vtec Member

Been trying to get this to work but so far It's just pure fail. Every time I try to send a text it puts my entire dialogue including who the recipient is into the message body but it leaves the "to:" part blank. Does anyone use this or is this another fail for androids?

3vodroid likes this.
  2. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

Yes I can do it on my evo lte.. Running meanROM

3. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

For example.. "send a text to Angela hey how are you"

Then IF you have 2 contacts named Angela it will ask which one. Then it will send

4. Vtec

Vtec Member

Anyone else with a stock one x? This is totally broken for me. Is this another broken phone which will make it my third, or is this a recognized issue? Not that either scenario is acceptable but at least I'll feel slightly better. I'm finding the amount of cool things about android severely outnumber by the amount of broken things and crap that android users put up with.

5. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

Crap my bad I thought you were talking about Google now.... Does google voice even have that feature?

6. Vtec

Vtec Member

Not google voice, google voice actions. The microphone symbol on the google search bar. It's a feature that is supposed to work. It is also supposed to navigate and do all kinds of other cool things based on voice commands but it is broken.

7. 3vodroid

3vodroid Android Expert

Yeah I got you I just thought you were taking about Google now.... Answer to your question: It works on my co-workers stock one x

8. Vtec

Vtec Member

Figured this one out. You have to have google contacts synced in order for it to function

3vodroid likes this.
  9. LLCoolJake5

LLCoolJake5 Lurker

I just synced my google contacts to my gmail account. I can see the contacts in Gmail, and all of my contacts in my phone have the google "G" in the blue box off to the right. But google voice actions is still doing the same thing you described.. leaving the To: field empty, while entering something like "message to John Smith how are you" in the Message: field.

Did you do anything else to get it to work for you?

10. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

have you restarted since then? this might be the issue

11. hiandrew1

hiandrew1 Lurker

Stock One X here...mine does the same thing

12. SouthofOttawa

SouthofOttawa Well-Known Member

Stock android here in Canada and works just fine for me. Sorry. :)

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews