1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Anyone successful with BT on T-M SII?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mra1948, Jan 6, 2012.

1. mra1948

mra1948 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Ok, I've seen lots of threads posted by folks who, like me, have the BT problem with their vehicle (mine is a Kia Sorento). My question is-has anyone successfully paired and gotten BT to work without fail in their vehicle? If you have I'd love to hear about it and what exactly you did to get it to work!

Advertisement

2. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    vB code analysis, Android / iOS Developer, CEO My
    Works fine with our SYNC. Here's directions on how to pair :) .

3. skinsfan05

skinsfan05 Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I was worried about it too after reading about problems people were having, but it works fine with my Hyundai Elantra.

4. Herector

Herector Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi I have a 2012 Kia Sorento, and it worked without any trouble for me. In the Kia I just went to setup and selected pair devices, after that I turned on the bluetooth on the galaxy found the "Sorento" device and put the 0000 password. From there, everytime I get in the car I just enable the bluetooth on the galaxy and it pairs automatically and I'm ready to do voice dialing, etc. Hope this helps!

5. AngelArs

None

Apr 24, 2011
    I think most older cars are the only cars having any issues, and that's probably due to an out of date version of Bluetooth.... ;)

6. Jenius1to

Jenius1to Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2012
    FWIW
    I was trying to BT to my Sony car stereo without pairing first.
    Very aggravating!
    One thing I recently discovered when playing my SII tunes through the Sony,it seemed as if the music would get distorted real bad & lose the right audio channel if the SII battery was low.
    Getting ready for an ugly commute home I stopped to check it out.What was happening was 'WinAmp' would somehow startup and play concurrently with the std. player on the SII.WinAmp was also playing something totally different from what I was selecting in 'Music Player'. And I could not turn WinAmp off!
    So I deleted it.
    Back to singing my way home. ;)
    Cheers.
    J1to

7. floridaorchid1

None

May 17, 2012
    I have a Sonata Limited 2012 and although it will pair my Samsung Galaxy Sii (T-Mobile) to my car, it refuses to download my contacts. I have spent hours trying to get it to work. Today I took it to the Hyundai dealership as the phone is on their website list as a phone that will work. The dealership could not get it to download either and then told me that the phone will not work. I do not believe this but don't think they have a clue how to fix my problem. Does anyone else have a Sonata 2012 that could help me please. Thanks!

8. AngelArs

None

Apr 24, 2011
    Call Hyundai (not a dealer) and ask them how to fix it, or remove it from their website. It's also possible that something is wrong with your phone, or a setting is in the wrong position. It doesn't take much to screw it up. I had a client that couldn't pair his phone either. We took his car to an open field where there were no power lines or surrounding obstructions, paired it up and it started working from that point on....

9. skinsfan05

skinsfan05 Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    When you pair your phone the first time the phone will ask you for permission to transfer contacts. You might have to look in the notification bar for the prompt or permission might have been denied by accident one time. Try deleting the sonata and make sure you give permission when connecting again.