• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone successfully use VNC Server on Galaxy Y?

Lyst

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
Hello everyone,
I want to know, can we really use VNC server on Galaxy Y?

I've try Droid VNC, and can start the server without error, but when I connect it to VNC client, all I can see is black screen. When I click randomly at the client, my phone give a respond, so basically it connected but something wrong with the display.

Anyone can help me fix it? I also want to know your result if you ever try droid vnc too.
Thanks

I have the same problem. I own a Galaxy Y GT-S5360T and when I try either Droid VNC or VNC Server I get the same problem: while the web server works fine at localhost:5801 I can not connect to localhost:5901 the server seems to disconnect straight away. Actually no i test it via telnet and it does connect but nothing happens.... I thought maybe a firewall issue on the phone (which is rooted recently).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones