• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone switched over from Blackberry?

I miss the LED Notifications!! I still can't believe no one has come up with an app. to remedy this. I thought it was suppose to be so easy to write programs for the droid? The LED is there, and the home/menu/back keys do light up when you get a message etc, so why can't they stay on until you acknowledge that you have a message?
I loved my Tour for this, I had the BuzzMe on it and you could pick your own color and could even choose length of vibrations for emails, and sms.
I sure hope they come up with something soon. I really don't want to go back to BB

Upvote 0
I miss the LED Notifications!! I still can't believe no one has come up with an app. to remedy this. I thought it was suppose to be so easy to write programs for the droid? The LED is there, and the home/menu/back keys do light up when you get a message etc, so why can't they stay on until you acknowledge that you have a message?
I loved my Tour for this, I had the BuzzMe on it and you could pick your own color and could even choose length of vibrations for emails, and sms.
I sure hope they come up with something soon. I really don't want to go back to BB

Not sure what you mean, but I have a nice little green LED that blinks when I get an email, etc. I haven't figured out how to make it blink for IM messages (lame), but there's at least SOME functionality there with the LED, unlike iphone users that have to constantly turn on their device to see if they've gotten anything.

Upvote 0
uhhh they already have an app for this. it's called "missed call". You can set the notifications for sms, phone, and missed calls. you can change both the tone, vibration settings, led colors, and reminder notifications. pretty much everything your looking for from what i read in your post

edit. just saw you have the moment, droid does .... just sayin

Upvote 0
I just don't like the feel of the Droid. I've had it for about 3 weeks now...it just feels like the top has some play in it.

Not just that, but I signed up for the data plan so I could have quick reliable email while on the road. I have missed so many emails since having this phone. I kept saying I'll get used to it, but no go. I'm taking it back in exchange for a Blackberry. I can't wait to have my emails back. This phone is a great little package for entertainment...lots of apps I enjoy...but I'm paying for the business side.

Upvote 0
I switched over from a Blackberry Storm. I can only think of a few things i miss. I miss the option to be able to link my fb contacts with my contacts on my phone, I miss the app "capture it", the flash for the camera and the autotext (i.e. type out ily and it automatically would replace it with i love you).

One thing I do not miss is being able to check my email from a computer. Blackberry email is only available to your phone, so if you dont have service, youre not getting your emails. I know I could have easily just made a new email acct and put it on the bb, but then i would have had to go through the time of giving everyone my new email address, etc.
I also do not miss having to wait a minute for the home screen to appear when i would unlock the phone and I for sure DONT MISS THE BATTERY PULLS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones