• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone switching to infuse

tmullins23

Feb 23, 2011
I currently have in my possession both the inspire and the infuse. Can't decide which to keep.

Infuse has amazing call quality, screen and battery life.

I've had multiple Roms on the inspire and flashed multiple radios but I'm Still not able to get great call quality.

Hmmmm....

I went and played with the infuse. It's huge. And to put that otterbox looking thing att was selling for it on it was literally a brick. There is no way that phone with or without the otterbox is fitting in me pocket. It's a big phone or even a small tablet looking thing. I loved the screen but can't get over the captivate problems which makes me hestitant on getting an infuse since its just a captivate on steroids.

Reactions: eduran214
Upvote 0
The captivate had gps problems and random shutdowns, wifi connectivity problems, speakerphone not working all the time, I went through 3 sim cards to get mine working right. Had to do 3 hard resets as well in a matter of a couple months. I would lose access to the Internet whether I was on wifi or mobile data. And I could send texts but wouldn't receive any for days.

Upvote 0
Before I found the Inspire, I was looking hard at getting a Captivate.
The super AMOLED screen was nice at a glance, but the store demo had signs of screen burn-in that got very noticeably worse over the few weeks I was shopping and comparing. It's a very cool technology, but I found the burn-in to be a real turn off. I'm sure, though, a personal device won't be used the way a store model will, and burn-in can be minimized.

Upvote 0
i have both phones and i cant decide which one to keep..here are my thoughts:

there are alot of things i like about the inspire and the infuse..i actually like the 4.3 screen..4.5 is huge..especially when i try to text one handed..the infuse does lag sometimes..having a 1.2 ghz it shouldnt show any signs of lag..the inspire has no lag whatsoever, the infuse cut and paste on native email blows compared to htc..gps on both units work well but more solid on htc..infuse gps would lose signal sometimes and gain it back. battery on infuse it much better..i get 15-16 hours on full charge while on inspire it was 10-12 hrs. call quality better on infuse..not by much..i think both speakers suck. built quality of htc is no match for samsung. camera are pretty equal..htc seems to take faster pics. touchwiz blows..sense ui is the best..cant beat it. there are some bugs still on infuse..some apps i downloaded that have wigdets disappeared. the apps are still there but the widgets i put on screen would be gone and i no longer can put a widget(catch and Gtask). both screens still suck under sunlight..if i have both htc and samsung on the brightest i can read but on low bright it sucks..samsung takes forever to charge..htc is quick. one thing that bugged me the most on the infuse was i went to tosh.o site and try to play a flash video and samsung had a hard time loading the website and play the video..it lagged big time and the video played but the sound was in slow motion..i went to the same site on htc and it loaded the page fast and even played the video without a hitch..sound and video was perfect.

it seems like theres more cons on the samsung but for some reason i want to keep it.

i really want the HTC holiday..cant wait for that beast

Reactions: iron mongoose
Upvote 0
What type of problems did the captivate have? I thought about waiting for the sgs2...

I have someone who will pay 400 for my rooted inspire... essentially if I keep the infuse I'm paying 549. Not sure its worth it or not.

If you can get someone to pay $400 for your phone, more power to ya but the market is (dependent on where you live) around $300 and going down everyday. And contrary to popular belief, rooting adds little to no value to your phone. For me, it actually decreases the value. People interested in having root are the same people who enjoy installing root...and roms.

I see this when I read CL ads for rooted phones:
"You know that thing you've been reading about how to do on the Internet, to the phone? That "root" thing that everyone keeps posting how-to threads and videos about, that you can do for free? Well, I did it for you, but you have no idea if I did it correctly so that the phone works properly and I may have done something permanently unfixable. Did I mention I also voided the warranty on the phone? 'Cause I did. I did all this just for you, and an additional cost of $100 on top of what everyone else is selling the working, warranty covered, stock phone, payable in cash!...to a stranger!"

I really hate having the apps list left to right instead of up and down.

So does apple, hence the suing.

The super AMOLED screen was nice at a glance, but the store demo had signs of screen burn-in that got very noticeably worse over the few weeks I was shopping and comparing. It's a very cool technology, but I found the burn-in to be a real turn off. I'm sure, though, a personal device won't be used the way a store model will, and burn-in can be minimized.

Gotta say, I've heard a lot of horrid things about the craptivate but "burn in" is not one of them, it was likely a defect.

Upvote 0

Had mine for almost a year now, not a hint of burn-in.

Reactions: eduran214
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones