• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone talk to Verizon today?

ugh

implied-facepalm.jpg

Upvote 0
If it's true, it's not all that surprising. OTA is just one more logistical hurdle. I would assume that once Verizon blessed the 2.1 package (assuming it has), HTC would start imaging new devices with it (or Verizon would, depending on who does what).

If the guy who leaked 2.1 v2 really did get it as an official release through his co-worker who got it from Verizon, then this is even more believable.

It's still kind of a slap in the face though for those of us who are waiting (again, assuming it's true), but presumably not an intentional one.

Upvote 0
I don't get why Verizon doesn't just do an update file that we can all download on our computers and run from there. I remember when the CF03 update came out for the Omnia, we were all watching an update page for the link to show up. It would be much simpler, and less strain on the network.

Upvote 0
I don't get why Verizon doesn't just do an update file that we can all download on our computers and run from there. I remember when the CF03 update came out for the Omnia, we were all watching an update page for the link to show up. It would be much simpler, and less strain on the network.

+1

Reminds me of my Blackberry days. *sigh*

Upvote 0

Judging by the number of problems we saw here (or rather the same 2 or 3 over and over again) with people doing their own update (and this is a small subset of Eris owners) I'd say that Verizon doesn't have enough money to pay people to work support lines to answer questions like "where's the root drive of my SD card" over and over again.

Upvote 0
Judging by the number of problems we saw here (or rather the same 2 or 3 over and over again) with people doing their own update (and this is a small subset of Eris owners) I'd say that Verizon doesn't have enough money to pay people to work support lines to answer questions like "where's the root drive of my SD card" over and over again.

Which is why having it on a website with the faqs and how to guide on the same page makes even more sense.

Upvote 0
True. but the program Verizon used was all automated. All the user had to do was click next. :/

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Actually, yes.....I did speak with their customer service today ;). At first I got excited, because the rep said, "yeah, I just saw the info on that update":D, promptly followed by, "I apolgize, that was for the Droid. I don't have any info as to when it will be released, but I can't imagine it will be too long off.":(. I also talked with HTC and they said that they had no info regarding when the release was going to happen.

(I know, I'm a dork.....but I had some free time this afternoon)

NEO

Upvote 0
Actually, yes.....I did speak with their customer service today ;). At first I got excited, because the rep said, "yeah, I just saw the info on that update":D, promptly followed by, "I apolgize, that was for the Droid. I don't have any info as to when it will be released, but I can't imagine it will be too long off.":(. I also talked with HTC and they said that they had no info regarding when the release was going to happen.

(I know, I'm a dork.....but I had some free time this afternoon)

NEO

Close but no cigar

Upvote 0
My 2 cents...I checked this forum everyday for the last 2 months waiting around for the update. Took the plunge on the latest leak and guess what? It works great! Bottom line.. this phone update is so built up that it is sure to be a let down for you, even if you wait for the OTA. Just get the leak and you'll sleep better. I was a fanatic about waiting for it and now I'm so thankful I got the leak. I compare it to Avatar if you waited too long to see it, it was a giant dissapointment because there was no way it could live up to it's hype.

JN

Upvote 0
My 2 cents...I checked this forum everyday for the last 2 months waiting around for the update. Took the plunge on the latest leak and guess what? It works great! Bottom line.. this phone update is so built up that it is sure to be a let down for you, even if you wait for the OTA. Just get the leak and you'll sleep better. I was a fanatic about waiting for it and now I'm so thankful I got the leak. I compare it to Avatar if you waited too long to see it, it was a giant dissapointment because there was no way it could live up to it's hype.

JN

ya know, you might have just convinced me to take the plunge as well. I have been on the fence for the entire time that both leaks have been out. As long as there are no real problems with the new update, I think tonight is the big night.

Upvote 0
Well I just called Verizon. I told the rep that back in Feb they had listed on their website that the Eris had "voice turn by turn navigation" among other features (only pertaining to 2.0 or 2.1 OS). As of now this is no longer listed on the Eris descriptions. I stated the press release information Verizon released last year about the Eris being up graded to 2.something in the first quarter, and now that has passed. After being placed on hold for about 2 minutes or so the rep came back on and told me that he had no information for me as to when it will be released, in fact there was nothing posted about the Eris receiving any update. He did state that with software updates sometimes there are hangups that delay any software releases.

So, nothing we didn't already know.

Upvote 0
I spoke with a verizon rep the other day, and I was not to sure about his knowledge base. He told me that the current Rom Is 1.7 (never heard of It. 1.5 and 1.6 sure. Never 1.7. He also said radio is 2.3. I don't know where the radio info is to see ifIts correct. For giggles, I asked him about 2.1 and he told me maybe on a month or so. When I pointed out that the Droid ota had already started to roll out, and what was the hold up for the eris, and he put me on inf hold while he checked.

Upvote 0
Just so you all know, I too went to Verizon. I was looking at the eris and they had 2.1 on them. I went and ask the sales rep about it and they said that it should be coming soon.

I'm guessing that if the demos had 2.1 on them, it must be getting close. Real close.

The new Eris devices with 2.1 on them was also reported at Howard Forums this past week.

That is interesting in light of the rumors about the Eris being discontinued.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones