• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone texting alot with the hero?

davco

Jan 16, 2010
i want the sprint hero but i havent seen anything about people who text alot with the phone. i know there are alot of texting issues with this phone. does anyone successfully text alot (5000-10,000) a month, with the hero? i know there are better texting phones on the market, but i really like the hero. i just need it to reliably text, alot.

i want the sprint hero but i havent seen anything about people who text alot with the phone. i know there are alot of texting issues with this phone. does anyone successfully text alot (5000-10,000) a month, with the hero? i know there are better texting phones on the market, but i really like the hero. i just need it to reliably text, alot.

No issues here, works fine for me. Besides, when the 2.1 update comes out, you wont even need to type out a text :)

Upvote 0
the only issue I've seen with high texting numbers is that the texting apps lag once you get a thousand or so messages in them. I would imagine just about any phone would have that problem though lol

Ditto.

And to answer a little more specifically, I had the 8900 Curve 2 and was deathly afraid of only a touchscreen but went with the Hero due to negative Samsung reviews and my friend had the MyTouch3g.

The cool thing is you type out partial words a lot because the predictive text is so good, and don't think BB predictive text. There is a learning curve, I was frustrated the first week, but I am a texting madman now...

Upvote 0
I txt and email a boat load for personal and work on my hero. I love the HandCent where I just speak the text in to it.

:)

i'm assuming by speaking the txt you mean what handcent already has pre-compiled, right? or is there a way to dictate speech to txt another way? curious bc one of the guys i work with has an app called dragon on his iphone and it dictates any speech...

Upvote 0
i'm assuming by speaking the txt you mean what handcent already has pre-compiled, right? or is there a way to dictate speech to txt another way? curious bc one of the guys i work with has an app called dragon on his iphone and it dictates any speech...

It types out whatever you speak...

Oh, and I figured out how to make it my default messaging app. Soooo much better than the default messenger!

Upvote 0
I text a lot and am not impressed with it as far as messaging goes. Especially now since I have one thread with 3800 messages in it and it won't delete. I've tried waiting over night to no avail. Any tips.

Ummm yea, thats a bit crazy. You cant delete anywhere near that many at once, you will bog it down. You have to go like 50-60 at a time.

Upvote 0
Ummm yea, thats a bit crazy. You cant delete anywhere near that many at once, you will bog it down. You have to go like 50-60 at a time.

This is crazy...

this is a Smartphone!!
New Android; open source programing ....

and we have to delete messages in small batches??
crazy!!!!!!

there has to be an automatic feature or application that can keep the number of text down to a set number.
example: only keep the last 100 messages in each conversation!

Upvote 0
This is crazy...

this is a Smartphone!!
New Android; open source programing ....

and we have to delete messages in small batches??
crazy!!!!!!

there has to be an automatic feature or application that can keep the number of text down to a set number.
example: only keep the last 100 messages in each conversation!

My previuos phone (Instinct) did this, and it took me a while to figure out what happened to old messages. They just disappeared. The phone only held a specific amount, don't remember the number. I would prefer to be able to delete by MY choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones