1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone that's upgraded today 12/28 having data issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Litre, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Litre

Litre Newbie

My wife picked my phone up from our local VZW store and didn't appear to have any issues. When I met her for lunch and she handed the phone off to me, everything looked A-OK. When I got back to work and attempted to sign in with my google acct, it wanted to do it via WiFi. I went into settings, verified that mobile network was turned on, turned off WiFi, rebooted - same result. I also turned my preferred network to CDMA in an attempt to eliminate LTE as a variable (since there's apparently a nation-wide outage).

Occasionally it'll come up and show 3G on the signal thing, but it's grey, not blue and when I try to go to a web page or connect to my google acct, it times out after quite a while. I contacted VZW tech support. They let me know what I already knew: there's a nation-wide LTE outage and my phone got "caught up" during the outage, which is why I have no data. The problem I have with this is my wife's T-bolt and my buddy who has a Samsung Charge LTE have no trouble connecting to the web/receiving emails.

Anything else I missed? Is VZW's diagnosis correct?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Litre

Litre Newbie

I did a search, I swear. Just now saw that several others are having the same issue. I'll wait patiently!

jbdan likes this.
  3. ShanMan14

ShanMan14 Member

It's a(nother) 4G outage, been about three hours for me.

4. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

I'm not on a Nexus, but my phone has been dropping to 3G today - in strong 4G areas where I usually have no problem. And when it showed 4G it was giving me a network error message when I tried to browse. Plus, I found this:

Verizon Outage: Users Report Wireless Downtime For Third Time This December

Welcome to 4G! :D

5. EdenObscured

EdenObscured Well-Known Member

You think our bills will get a credit for the 4G being down this month or these outages still meet the SLA?

6. tdub88

tdub88 Android Enthusiast

I have been w/out 3g & 4g all day in n/ Idaho. VZW admitted to screwing around w/ the towers to "fine tune" the 4G.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews