• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone tried an 'Ankor' battery? Any good alternatives to stock battery?

shigglyboo

May 8, 2011
Wondering if anyone has tried and had luck with an aftermarket battery. I've got juice defender installed, I keep my brightness down, I turn off GPS, etc., etc., but I still lose 40% charge from about 1AM to 10AM while I'm sleeping. I even have the advanced Juice Defender that's supposed to make things turn off during those hours (except alarm clock).

I've got the battery calibration app, monitors, etc., tried it all. Battery life is still less than optimal.

So... I thought about getting a better battery. I was hoping to find a higher capicity battery, but they all seem to be 1500mAh.

Anker says it can offer up to a 25% longer battery life. They're $16 shipped on eBay. Thoughts?

I bought a 4.99$ 1500mAH battery, it didnt offer improvement in battery life on its own. the REAL trick to getting battery life is to keep both batteries charged and slip one in your wallet.

swapping batteries in the middle of the day is so much easier than hoping one battery is good enough.

I bought a few more batteries and now I just carry 2 in my wallet and one in the phone, while the rest sit on a external charger at home. I have the rest as insurance against the unknown, you never know when you will be somewhere without power for hours or days and need them.

we had a storm here and were without power for 5 days. I sure wish I had these batteries then, but at least im protected now.

at the end of the day, i would not worry about wether the 1800mAH is good enough, becuase it wouldnt be selling for that cheap if it was a great battery. just enjoy having two or more batteries, that effectively doubles the phones off-charger time more than anything else you can do. AND its not as stupid as a extended battery with a fat rear cover.

Upvote 0
I have a post somewhere around here, comparing the Anker 1500 mah to the motorola 1380 mah.
My conclusion was that the Anker is fine, especially for the money... Just don't fall for the 25% hype.
The motorola battery tested a little higher than the rating printed on it, and the Anker tested a little lower than it's rating. That makes them both so close in actual usage, you'll never notice the difference. This won't take into account variations in individual batteries. I will warn you that the Anker does not have the temp sensor in it, so if you have an app that monitors battery temp, it won't display actual battery temp.

As to your 40 % usage in 9 hours of non-use??!
Wow... You have other issues going on that need investigating.
My normal battery usage, while asleep (me and my phone ;) ) is less than 1% and I have uninstalled juice defender ultimate.
There is a good post on battery saving tips over in all things root that may benefit you. Sounds like your phone is being kept out of "deep sleep" for whatever reason.
Good luck with it!

Upvote 0
Just throwing this out there ot u guys. I know its late and all but yea. I sell alot of laptop batterys and power cords. Ive switched from generic to anker. Costs a few dollars more than a no name but the failure rate is 10x less than the no-name ones and anytime ive had a problem they send out a replacement as soon as you get all the info to them.

Upvote 0
I have a post somewhere around here, comparing the Anker 1500 mah to the motorola 1380 mah.
My conclusion was that the Anker is fine, especially for the money... Just don't fall for the 25% hype.
The motorola battery tested a little higher than the rating printed on it, and the Anker tested a little lower than it's rating. That makes them both so close in actual usage, you'll never notice the difference. This won't take into account variations in individual batteries. I will warn you that the Anker does not have the temp sensor in it, so if you have an app that monitors battery temp, it won't display actual battery temp.

As to your 40 % usage in 9 hours of non-use??!
Wow... You have other issues going on that need investigating.
My normal battery usage, while asleep (me and my phone ;) ) is less than 1% and I have uninstalled juice defender ultimate.
There is a good post on battery saving tips over in all things root that may benefit you. Sounds like your phone is being kept out of "deep sleep" for whatever reason.
Good luck with it!

i also believe i read in a different thread, that you thangfish and someone else came to the conclusion that pretty much all the 1800+mah batteries were just relabeling scams, i know this doesnt apply to this anker one but just some info for people looking at batteries to consider

Upvote 0
i grabbed some like 6$ 1600mah batter from hong kong on amazon. i figured if it worked, great if not whatever. even though it sounds like a modest increase over the 1380 mah stock battery, im getting at least a few hours longer battery life than the stock battery. i dont need my phone to last two days, i technically dont even have to have it last 1 day as i have chargers surrounding me at all times basically at work and home. however, as a convenience its nice that now i can go all day at work and still have like 40-50% battery life remaining by the time i leave if i dont charge it at all. im currently running cm7 oced to 1.5ghz and with the performance gov. i stylized my phone quite a bit with like minimalist text widgets, and a few other handy sleek widgets, and i leave wifi constantly on. loaded with go launcher, go sms pro, go contatcs etc. in other words, i do not at all care about conserving battery life, and i just use the phone how i want to, and im still getting good battery life. im sure people who actually try and preserve their battery can get VERY good battery life out of this battery. now however i did get a transformer tf300, so i do most of my random browsing and what not on my tablet, which has let me leave work with around 70% charge now that i use my phone only for texting and calling. itll more than last me til the evo

Amazon.com: [Aftermarket Product] 1600mAh 1600 mAh Battery Standard Backup Spare Extra Power Replace Replacement For Motorola Triumph WX435 Huawei Ideos X6: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
I got the 3 pack ebay batteries for the Triumph, and none lasted as long as OEM. One came close, while the other two lasted about 2/3 as long. The batteries deteriorated quickly over the next half year.

When I switched to the HTC Sensation, I picked up a 2 pack of Anker batteries. Not comparable to the Triumph Ankers necessarily, but a brand reflection nonetheless perhaps. Battery life is definitely longer than stock (stock rated at 1520mah, Ankers at 1900mah). Still trying to calibrate battery, but it hangs at 100% for an hour or two before starting to drop, and goes all the way to 0.

The Anker charger is also slightly better than the one that comes with the 3 pack ebay special. The light turns off if the battery is in but not hooked up to anything. There's a usb port AND microusb. Great for when you don't have easy access to a wall outlet, but have your microusb cable to charge with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones